The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter University 2nd Year Accommodation

What's the best time and best way to look for second year accommodation at Exeter University?
Original post by LJM2023
What's the best time and best way to look for second year accommodation at Exeter University?

Hi LJM2023,

Student accommodation goes a lot quicker than you might think! For student houses, lots of people start looking in October. For private accommodation I'd say rooms start running out around February time. You don't have to start looking that early but if you want more options then I'd start sooner rather than later. Most people start searching between November to March of their current year. I usually book mine around January to March.

In terms of the best way, that depends on what type of accommodation you're looking for. If you're looking for a student house to live in with friends then making an appointment with local student letting agents/landlord/estate agents would be a good way to start. I've found a useful resource here you might want to look at - it gives tips on what to ask when viewing houses.

I didn't stay in student houses, instead I stayed in private student halls. There's lots of these scattered around Exeter - The Barn, The Depot, The Printworks (where I stayed), Northfield, Cricket field court. If you go to each of their websites you can see the types of rooms available, facilities and prices. If you like one, all you have to do it fill out an application. If you want to move into private halls with friends then you can do group bookings.

I hope this helps! Sorry I don't know much about student houses but if you walk through areas with student houses there's usually signs in front of them saying what letting agent owns them and has contact information. This might be a good place to start.

Best of luck with finding second year accommodation, and if you have any other questions then please don't hesitate to ask!:smile:

Bethan
University of Exeter Student Ambassador
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
When I was in my 1st year, people were forming groups in Oct which is very quick considering you've only just met people! A lot of houses were booked in Nov/Dec. However, more did pop up over the following months. I would say Exeter seems to start booking accommodation earlier than some unis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending