The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3620
Offer! Interviewed 14th Jan, good luck to all those waiting to hear!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by lovelycup7
When you say your accommodation confirmation do you mean an email confirming they received your application for accommodation or an email actually confirming your accommodation?

Thanks! :smile:

Receiving your application for accommodation, they're not giving out accommodation until August...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BAZ1NGA
Offer! Interviewed 14th Jan, good luck to all those waiting to hear!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! How do you feel your interview went?
Reply 3623
Original post by aspiringmedic1
Well done! How do you feel your interview went?

Pretty good if I'm honest, they were really friendly and seemed interested in what I had to say, I was nervous before-hand so they put me at ease :smile:
Original post by BAZ1NGA
Pretty good if I'm honest, they were really friendly and seemed interested in what I had to say, I was nervous before-hand so they put me at ease :smile:

Word of warning though.. mine were the complete opposite to this and all stoney-faced :frown: so be prepared to bring some conversation and not depend all on them as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3625
Original post by sausagerolled
Word of warning though.. mine were the complete opposite to this and all stoney-faced :frown: so be prepared to bring some conversation and not depend all on them as well!

Definitely, my interview before King's at Notts was expected to be really nice and wasn't, so I went into KCL expecting the worst, better to get brought up rather than down, in my opinion :P, though good luck to all who are waiting to hear!
Reply 3626
Original post by Δεφιαντ1
No, they don't do clearing for med. why have u been rejected? :/

They do have clearing.a few people got called on a level results day who had been rejected after interview.some people called themselves and were told there are spaces available and they'd call back,the person I know wasn't called back but others were!
Original post by alicia2908
anyone interviewed on 29th jan heard back from them yet? i know it's recent, but jus wondering?

I'm wondering same!! Had my interview then too.. I can't stop checking the portal.
Reply 3628
Still waiting for a interview...
so hull gave some offers without interviews cause they completely messed up on following their "transparent" admission procedure...speechless, guess more opportunity for us at kings

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3630
Original post by kolatytler
so hull gave some offers without interviews cause they completely messed up on following their "transparent" admission procedure...speechless, guess more opportunity for us at kings

Posted from TSR Mobile

What happened?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hugby1
What happened?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

From what I understand they said if you have over 700 UKCAT you get an automatic interview, so half the country seemed to apply there. they've ran out of time so just thrown offers at people with very high UKCATs leaving those who've had interviews and were told 'you won't hear till march' rather fecked off....

Thank god I didn't apply there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by callummj6747
From what I understand they said if you have over 700 UKCAT you get an automatic interview, so half the country seemed to apply there. they've ran out of time so just thrown offers at people with very high UKCATs leaving those who've had interviews and were told 'you won't hear till march' rather fecked off....

Thank god I didn't apply there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

some candidates, including myself, got rejected pre interview despite qualifying for automatic interview

i have contacted em and received responses that are just beyond ridicolous (phone, email, write a letter). although i havent insisted and an another camdidate got an interview after they reviewed her application

guess that those admission processes are stressful for those at the other end of the table too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kolatytler
some candidates, including myself, got rejected pre interview despite qualifying for automatic interview

i have contacted em and received responses that are just beyond ridicolous (phone, email, write a letter). although i havent insisted and an another camdidate got an interview after they reviewed her application

guess that those admission processes are stressful for those at the other end of the table too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still very shortsighted of them to say 700= auto interview when the average has been shooting up a lot year on year. by saying that magic 700 also means that a hell of a lot more students will apply there....just seems like they've dug themselves their own grave!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tee Logan x
Hey! my interview was on 15th Jan too :smile: what time was yours??

4pm, although in reality it was at about 4:10 because they were running behind a bit (I was a little worried when nobody came at 4pm to the waiting room to take me to interview haha). :biggrin: When was yours?
Original post by adersh96

With 770 UKCAT still waiting for a interview......:frown:
Original post by adersh96

same...
Have you had any other interviews/offers?
Any internationals here with offers post-interview? :smile: do they stick to their word of sending out decisions 2-3 weeks post interview? By the looks of things, probablllly not?
Original post by Arrhythmia
Any internationals here with offers post-interview? :smile: do they stick to their word of sending out decisions 2-3 weeks post interview? By the looks of things, probablllly not?

I don't know about internationals but certainly not with home applicants haha!
It's been 2 MONTHS since my interview :biggrin: :frown: :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3639
Original post by Arrhythmia

I think an international offer holder started a thread yesterday asking if King's was worth accepting the offer and paying the high international fees.

I think they'll probably give a couple to the exceptional interviewees.

When was/is your interview?

Quick Reply

Latest