The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys,

If we received the email "competitive score, still have to wait blabla" by when can we expect to hear?

Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 3941
hi guys, just a quick question, if someone could help me out. Before the interview i know that i will be given an ethical scenario and an essay. What confuses me is will the essay be about the ethical scenario, or about something different and the ethical scenario only be discussed inside the interview? Any answer would be appreciated! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3942
Original post by kcapsoccer
hi guys, just a quick question, if someone could help me out. Before the interview i know that i will be given an ethical scenario and an essay. What confuses me is will the essay be about the ethical scenario, or about something different and the ethical scenario only be discussed inside the interview? Any answer would be appreciated! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The essay has nothing to do with the ethical scenario. The ethical scenario is to be discussed at the interview.
Original post by 0766
Just got an interview invite for 13th March!!!! So shocked because I was convinced I was going to be rejected (my ukcat is only 725)!
They didn't even send me an email- I just happened to log into the portal and it looked exactly the same as normal- no red icon saying 'updated' until I saw on the side panel that it said interview invite.
Everyone who's still waiting make sure you check your portal and don't be fooled if it looks exactly the same!!
So excited!

By the way, are you home applicant?
Reply 3944
Original post by Simon@Simon
By the way, are you home applicant?

yes :smile:
Reply 3945
Any internationals receive an offer today?
Original post by georginaj94
Hey guys,

If we received the email "competitive score, still have to wait blabla" by when can we expect to hear?

Most probably end of March
Genuinely had enough of Kings... 3 months is getting ridiculous...
Reply 3948
Any internationals received interview invites after mid Feb?
Reply 3949
Original post by Yes95
Any internationals received interview invites after mid Feb?

I had mine on the 19th, if that counts!
Reply 3950
Original post by mao127
I had mine on the 19th, if that counts!

Oh so you had your interview or the invite on the 19th? I'm just trying to find out cos their prospectus says they aim to send interview invites to internationals between jan and mid feb. i still haven't gotten anything..so wanted to see if any international has received their interview invite after mid feb.

Haha sorry... sometimes I over think this:colondollar:
Reply 3951
Original post by Yes95
Oh so you had your interview or the invite on the 19th? I'm just trying to find out cos their prospectus says they aim to send interview invites to internationals between jan and mid feb. i still haven't gotten anything..so wanted to see if any international has received their interview invite after mid feb.

Haha sorry... sometimes I over think this:colondollar:

Oh I mean I had my interview on the 19th of feb :>
2 of my friends (int. also) were rejected by King's 2 weeks ago so I guess no news is good news for now?
My portal just changed from acceptance of interview back to the one I stared at for 3 months before I received my invitation (the one that says your application is being processed). Does this signal a decision coming my way or am I overreacting as usual? It probably doesn't mean anything but it's a creepy feeling to know things are happening and that they've probably looked at my application again very recently.
Original post by Cephalosporin
My portal just changed from acceptance of interview back to the one I stared at for 3 months before I received my invitation (the one that says your application is being processed). Does this signal a decision coming my way or am I overreacting as usual? It probably doesn't mean anything but it's a creepy feeling to know things are happening and that they've probably looked at my application again very recently.

I think that happened to someone else on here a while ago, pretty sure they said it changed back to the tear-inducing "Acceptance of Interview" after a while. If not, may be worth sending them a message asking what it means :smile:
Original post by Flobie
I think that happened to someone else on here a while ago, pretty sure they said it changed back to the tear-inducing "Acceptance of Interview" after a while. If not, may be worth sending them a message asking what it means :smile:

"tear-inducing Acceptance of Interview" is one most the hilarious but true things I have heard recently LOOOOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Flobie

Original post by kolatytler
"tear-inducing Acceptance of Interview" is one most the hilarious but true things I have heard recently LOOOOL

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL that made me laugh so much. What have our lives become

Edit: You were so right, it went back to "Acceptance of interview".
I want to cry.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Cephalosporin
LOL that made me laugh so much. What have our lives become

Edit: You were so right, it went back to "Acceptance of interview".
I want to cry.

Original post by kolatytler

Posted from TSR Mobile

WHY DO THEY DO THIS TO US?! I just want to come to your medical school :frown:
What's the difference between Kings and the reflex arc?

The reflex arc gives you a quick response :ahee:

Ok, I'm done.
(edited 10 years ago)
Is there anyone here with an interview who has a UKCAT score below 720?
Original post by holatombola
Is there anyone here with an interview who has a UKCAT score below 720?

Yeah I have 715.

Quick Reply

Latest