The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

I wasn't aware that the competition was open to other Birmingham universities :frown:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 1641
Original post by micksocurly
I wasn't aware that the competition was open to other Birmingham universities :frown:

What do you mean by this?
Have you received yours? :smile:

Yes I have. tennis courts!
Original post by Katpat
What do you mean by this?

The Facebook competition for Birmingham freshers? It's open to the other universities, i.e. Aston, City etc.
Original post by mribbans
woo :redface: another materials science person!! we're few and far between!

very few hahaa
Original post by kingshill
Have any unconditional offer holders not received an email to register yet? A lot of people seem to have received the email but I have nothing

[URL=http://
www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app]Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, you will receive it very soon! I think they are sending them in several batches... :smile:

I got mine on July 26th and have successfully registered as a student. On the 'my.bham' student portal, it says that students have until the 9th of September to register, so I wouldn't be worrying unduly now. You have still got plenty of time! :smile:

Is it only unconditionals that are receiving accommodation at the moment?

Obviously!

Don't know if you were saying that out of panic, but you technically can not receive an offer of accommodation - which you have to pay £550 for within 4 days - if your place has not been confirmed yet!
(edited 9 years ago)
The Facebook competition for Birmingham freshers? It's open to the other universities, i.e. Aston, City etc.

Beware - the existing freshers facebook groups are not run by members of the University of Birmingham but by club promoters! Therefore, the events are not the official ones! :smile: You are free to attend them if you want to mix up with other students and discover Birmingham's night life. But then again, these are NOT LINKED to the upcoming official events of the UoB.

The University of Birmingham organises events for its students only. The Guild of Students, which is the University of Birmingham's student union, has not released its full list of Freshers events/ nights out yet nor started selling any ticket! So, you might want to wait until after A-level Results Day to find out more.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by I play the piano
Beware - the existing freshers facebook groups are not run by members of the University of Birmingham but by club promoters! Therefore, the events are not the official ones! :smile: You are free to attend them if you want to mix up with other students and discover Birmingham's night life. But then again, these are NOT LINKED to the upcoming official events of the UoB.

The University of Birmingham organises events for its students only. The Guild of Students, which is the University of Birmingham's student union, has not released its full list of Freshers events/ nights out yet nor started selling any ticket! So, you might want to wait until after A-level Results Day to find out more.

I admit I was slightly panicking, aha, I just want results day to hurry up, see if I'm accepted or not. The wait is so frustrating!

Yeah I realised that the competition was run by club promoters after I made my comment, as it wouldn't make sense for the University to lump all the students together, which is why I'm guessing they (the promoters) haven't claimed to affiliate with any of the universities.

Thanks for all your replies though.
I admit I was slightly panicking, aha, I just want results day to hurry up, see if I'm accepted or not. The wait is so frustrating!

Yeah I realised that the competition was run by club promoters after I made my comment, as it wouldn't make sense for the University to lump all the students together, which is why I'm guessing they (the promoters) haven't claimed to affiliate with any of the universities.

Thanks for all your replies though.

Yes, I'm sure you did. I just thought it would be good to warn the other soon-to-be students too.

I understand, the wait can be stressing sometimes, so we start overthinking things, like 'why am I not receiving an offer of accommodation? Am I the only one in this situation?' :smile: I can confirm it is normal as you are still waiting on your grades.

Best of luck, just a few more little days to go now. I hope you will get the grades required! Fingers crossed :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1649
I have applied for Policy, Politics and Economics - anyone on a similar course ?
Are there any official groups on facebook? Can't tell if the ones I've joined are legitimate or not...
Original post by mddub39
Are there any official groups on facebook? Can't tell if the ones I've joined are legitimate or not...

I don't think any of them are official unless they're created by the Guild.

Is it just me who keeps getting requests off loads of different 'Facebook Freshers' accounts? So annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by corax

Is it just me who keeps getting requests off loads of different 'Facebook Freshers' accounts? So annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i do too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1653
Has anyone been contacted by the uni for any scholarships?
They sent an email about Lloyds
Anyone heard from the chamberlain award?
Anyone here applied for LLB Law? if so what's your offer and are you confident of meeting it? I didnt apply originally but am hoping to get in through Adjustment (hopefully!!!) or clearing. think exams went better than expected so am hoping it pays off and Birmingham accept me! any societies you guys are thinking of joining?
Original post by corax

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah they were getting ****ing annoying, no i don't want to "work while partying" being a promoter or whatever... i left the groups :smile:
Has anyone put Birmingham as their insurance and is worried about accommodation? :s-smilie:
Original post by forestfruits
Has anyone put Birmingham as their insurance and is worried about accommodation? :s-smilie:

Yeah! I so want en suite and if I don't get it I'm seriously scared cause I have mild OCD :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by silberkuhl
Tickets for freshers are now available online! buying them now will save you money under the early bird deal, just follow the link:

https://next.fatsoma.com/events/birmingham-freshers-wristband-week-1?r=94e0d933-8d50-46bc-a255-c18381e680f4

These are not the real Freshers tickets. The guild haven't announced Freshers week events yet and only after this are tickets released for sale. Please only buy your tickets from the guild website. The above link leads to a club promoter website that has nothing to do with the guild. For those of you worrying about not getting tickets, please don't. Loads of people will be selling tickets for the nights they are not going out on and there are several shops in selly oak and on the vale that sell tickets for the popular events such as stupid Tuesdays and vodbull.

Keep checking the guild website for official Freshers information.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kingshill
These are not the real Freshers tickets. The guild haven't announced Freshers week events yet and only after this are tickets released for sale. Please only buy your tickets from the guild website. The above link leads to a club promoter website that has nothing to do with the guild. For those of you worrying about not getting tickets, please don't. Loads of people will be selling tickets for the nights they are not going out on and there are several shops in selly oak and on the vale that sell tickets for the popular events such as stupid Tuesdays and vodbull.

Keep checking the guild website for official Freshers information.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any idea when the official ones will actually go on sale? Appreciate the info btw :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending