The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lilGem
1st year biology undergrad at UEA :wink:

Huh. That's funny - the title says Current Year 13 Thread. That's a strange typo... :confused:

:tongue:
Reply 4341
Original post by Occams Chainsaw
Huh. That's funny - the title says Current Year 13 Thread. That's a strange typo... :confused:

but I'm allowed to post on here :sad:

The year 12 thread is absolutely dead :tumble:

Hello everyone!
Reply 4343
Original post by Pabblethefish

Hello everyone!

:hi:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I'd want to go, but how do you tell your parents that? :lol:

:rofl: Off to meet some random people who claim to be year 13's! But tbh you should be big enough by now to be responsible for yourself, its not like you can even perv on a 17/ 18 year old, we're nearly adults!! Time flew by wayy to fast!! :biggrin:

Original post by danataher
So I've heard, I can definitely understand why haha! Thank you :tongue:

Tbh if you did geography as well you'd die from learning all those facts! :3

Hello everyone!

What you taking? :biggrin:
On your choices on UCAS, you know you have to state whether you're living at home or not? If I change my mind, would it be easy to sort out some time next year? Obviously before accommodation is sorted out etc. :tongue:

I really can't make up my mind as of yet. (For Liverpool)
Reply 4347
Original post by lilGem
but I'm allowed to post on here :sad:

She keeps the thread alive :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4348
Original post by Lucy96
On your choices on UCAS, you know you have to state whether you're living at home or not? If I change my mind, would it be easy to sort out some time next year? Obviously before accommodation is sorted out etc. :tongue:

I think you may have to phone up UCAS to ask about this
Reply 4349
Original post by Lucy96

I know people have changed their minds, what's important is how you fill in your SFE :yep:
Original post by SP10
I think you may have to phone up UCAS to ask about this

Okay thank you :smile:
Original post by lilGem
I know people have changed their minds, what's important is how you fill in your SFE :yep:

Oh I see hehe, thank you :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blueray2
What you taking? :biggrin:

Maths, physics, chemistry and geography, yourself? :smile:

Sorry for the late reply, had to dash!
Reply 4352
I'm in year 12, but just wondering who on here took any of these AS levels :biggrin: just so i know who i can message if i ever need help:

History, English Language, Religious Studies, Drama (:
Hoping to get 4A's, my target minimum off the college is AAAB, so i hope i can exceed that :tongue:
Original post by Aurora01
I'm in year 12, but just wondering who on here took any of these AS levels :biggrin: just so i know who i can message if i ever need help:

History, English Language, Religious Studies, Drama (:
Hoping to get 4A's, my target minimum off the college is AAAB, so i hope i can exceed that :tongue:

I did/do history so feel free to ask for any help if you ever need it! Obviously it's unlikely you're studying the same topics that I did, but if you ever need any essays to look at for help with structure etc, that's fine :biggrin: good luck for this year too! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4354
Original post by Lucy96
I did/do history so feel free to ask for any help if you ever need it! Obviously it's unlikely you're studying the same topics that I did, but if you ever need any essays to look at for help with structure etc, that's fine :biggrin: good luck for this year too! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :biggrin: theres so many different units for History it's crazy
I'm on Edexcel studying the Witchcraze, Reformation & Henry VIII :smile:
The made in Chelsea ad looks so good! Can't wait for it come back :biggrin:
Original post by Aurora01
Thank you :biggrin: theres so many different units for History it's crazy
I'm on Edexcel studying the Witchcraze, Reformation & Henry VIII :smile:

You're welcome :smile: Exactly!

Sounds fascinating! I'm with edexcel so at least there's some relation :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any tips for AS maths? I know the idea is practice practice practice but what books/websites are good? I'm doing MEI core 1, 2 and stats :tongue:
Original post by Pandora.
I had a go at some C3 past paper questions today. They were shockingly scary. :eek: At least the ones that I could answer I answered well, so it's not all bad. :tongue:

omg I feel your pain!! I found AS level maths fine but we've started C3 and I hate it and find it so hard at the moment!! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any tips for AS maths? I know the idea is practice practice practice but what books/websites are good? I'm doing MEI core 1, 2 and stats :tongue:

Examsolutions is a life saver! Also the mechanics videos can be used for physics, and I have used them to great success. Khan Academy is almost as good but doesn't have videos on a lot of things because it's not tailored to British specifications.

As for books, I only used the exam board textbooks every so often last year for questions, but to be honest there's so much for maths online that if you're anything like me, you won't use it. I've bought a CGP book this year though, because... I love CGP. :tongue: And I think it may well help me as A2 is tougher.

Actually, TSR is great for maths. There are a LOT of people on here that can help you with it, on here, on the maths section, if you ask a question someone will always be around and able to help.

Let me know if you have any more questions. :smile:

Latest