The Student Room Group

A Level Targets

Hi I was just wondering, are your A2 Level targets, based on which you get offers from universities, based on the results you get at GCSE or at AS Level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Solely AS - however, if they want to look at your track record in a subject they may reference your GCSEs for further insight.
Reply 2
Mostly AS unless, like in my case, you want to aim higher then they take your GCSE into account.

Example;
I want an A at A2 English Lang/Lit, I got a D at AS so they predicted me a C for A2.
When I said I wanted an A my teacher then looked at my GCSE English grade and said it might not be possible because I only got a B but because I seem determined they put my predicted A2 up to a B.

Hope that makes sense to people other than me :redface:
Reply 3
Original post by imjustrach
Mostly AS unless, like in my case, you want to aim higher then they take your GCSE into account.

Example;
I want an A at A2 English Lang/Lit, I got a D at AS so they predicted me a C for A2.
When I said I wanted an A my teacher then looked at my GCSE English grade and said it might not be possible because I only got a B but because I seem determined they put my predicted A2 up to a B.

Hope that makes sense to people other than me :redface:

You're being predicted for A2a whole two grades higher than you got at AS?! :zomg: the teachers at my school hardly ever predict one grade higher

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Reply 4
Original post by adi19956
You're being predicted for A2a whole two grades higher than you got at AS?! :zomg: the teachers at my school hardly ever predict one grade higher

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Yeah most people in my college do because AS tends to be a huge kick up the a--- but it does help that I was only 3 UMS off a C and have been getting A/B's in class work all year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest