The Student Room Group

Computer science degree

I'd be interested to hear if you did well in your A levels, hit your target grade & didn't get a place to study CS in a Russell group. Cheers
Original post by Lvarley124
I'd be interested to hear if you did well in your A levels, hit your target grade & didn't get a place to study CS in a Russell group. Cheers

Are looking for people who "didn't get a place to study CS in a Russell group" because they:
1. have no interest in Computer Science and so didn't apply for that course,
2. didn't apply to any Russell Group universities,
3. applied for Computer Science at at least one Russell Group uni, but didn't receive any offers, or
4. applied for Computer Science at at least one Russell Group uni, receive at least one such offer, but decided not to firm/insurance it.

I suspect that you're interested in none of the above, and are only interested in students who held a firm or insurance offer for Computer Science at a Russell Group uni. Is that correct? For such students, if they "hit your [their] target grade", then their place would have been confirmed by that uni (assuming by "target grade" you mean "grade(s) details in their offer conditions".

I'm just struggling to see how anyone who held a firm or insurance offer for Computer Science at a Russell Group uni, and met their offer trades, would not have had that place confirmed. Is this the group of people you thread targets?

Or perhaps "target grade" means predicted grade(s), which may have been too low to receive any offers? Sorry to be pedantic, it's just that your post has been up for almost 24 hours now with no replies. My suspicion is that this might be because nobody could really understand who your thread was targeting. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending