The Student Room Group

AQA english lit AS confusion..

So at the start of the course we had to hand in 2 pieces of coursework, I can't remember my exact grade but I'm pretty sure it was around a B.

I've just looked on my exam results sheet and it states that for 'GCE english lit a unit 2' I got an A and then for 'GCE english lit a unit 1c' I got a D.
Therefore, on my results sheet it stated that I got a C overall.

However, I just realised that none of these marks are a B and thus leading me to question if my coursework was on the exam results sheet and when it stated I got a C overall for english did this count my coursework grade to? Or just the 2 exams.

Also, does anyone know the grade boundaries for grades? I got overall 135

Would ask my teacher but as its the summer holidays they're unavailable.

thanks guys!
Original post by magicalwishes
So at the start of the course we had to hand in 2 pieces of coursework, I can't remember my exact grade but I'm pretty sure it was around a B.

I've just looked on my exam results sheet and it states that for 'GCE english lit a unit 2' I got an A and then for 'GCE english lit a unit 1c' I got a D.
Therefore, on my results sheet it stated that I got a C overall.

However, I just realised that none of these marks are a B and thus leading me to question if my coursework was on the exam results sheet and when it stated I got a C overall for english did this count my coursework grade to? Or just the 2 exams.

Also, does anyone know the grade boundaries for grades? I got overall 135

Would ask my teacher but as its the summer holidays they're unavailable.

thanks guys!

You got an A overall for your coursework pieces, and a D on your exam.

5 UMS marks away from a B.

C = 120, B = 140, A = 160 overall.

Coursework: 64/80 = A, 56/80 = B, etc.

Exam: 96/120 = A, 84/120 = B, 72/120 = C, etc.

Raw mark boundaries can be found with a google search.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest