The Student Room Group

Would this be plagiarising?

Im not sure if this is a stupid questions but I was wondering if I post my work/controlled assessment etc and I asked people how I can improve it (on this site). Could the exam board think I was plagiarising even though its my own work?? Does that make sense?
Reply 1
Not sure with controlled assessments but at uni and uni applications it will be picked up for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would say so. I mean, what's to stop some one else copying it when you've put it on here? It's best not, I think.
Original post by delldj
Im not sure if this is a stupid questions but I was wondering if I post my work/controlled assessment etc and I asked people how I can improve it (on this site). Could the exam board think I was plagiarising even though its my own work?? Does that make sense?

I would NEVER do that! As others have said someone could copy your work off of here and use it as their own.

Also if you are doing a controlled assessment then you will sit it in exam conditions in your school. Posting these works online are certainly a VERY BAD idea.

If you need help I would direct you towards asking your teacher - it's their job. If you do want to use TSR just as general questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by delldj

If you post your work on here, somebody else will steal it and hand it in as their own, and then the exam board might penalise you for plagiarism.
So obviously don't give away your work for free on the internet :rolleyes:

Perhaps check out TSR's twin site: http://www.markedbyteachers.com/?utm_source=TSR&utm_medium=footer&utm_campaign=link1
Reply 5
Don't post your work online, you could have trouble proving that it was you who posted it, and others could use it, so you could well be accused of plagiarism. Ask general questions, and if you find someone who's willing and able to help with your work and who you think is trustworthy, email or PM them.
It would be collusion which is also an offence, So in the context you're asking it is 'illegal' to do.
Reply 7
Actually, yeah, I just reread that first post... asking for help with a controlled assessment is cheating.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending