The Student Room Group

EPQ Withdrawal

Hi,
I've recently submitted my EPQ and am worried that it will be detected for plagiarism or AI detection which can lead to potential disqualification. Can I withdraw my EPQ even if I've internally submitted it as I am worried that I will potentially get a bad grade and can I withdraw my application even after I get my marks from the school internally but before they send it off to the exam board?

(edited 8 months ago)
Why are you worried it will be detected as plagiarised? Did you plagiarise it? :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Original post by Lightningparrot
Why are you worried it will be detected as plagiarised? Did you plagiarise it? :s-smilie:

No, I'm just unsure if I referenced it properly or not and I'm not entirely confident about the rules of plagiarism.
Original post by xvg._107
No, I'm just unsure if I referenced it properly or not and I'm not entirely confident about the rules of plagiarism.

If it was an obvious accident they won’t take it too seriously- if you’d purposefully not referenced or blatantly copied something it would be different, and probably obvious.

I think if something was seriously wrong your teacher would’ve told you. It’s natural to be a bit concerned about this sort of thing, as it is likely the first piece of work you have had to reference, and at university plagiarism would be serious- but this is the EPQ!

Apparently when they mark the EPQ they put your references into a computer and randomly select about 3 to see if they’ve been done correctly. If I were you, I wouldn’t be too worried.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending