The Student Room Group

The Student Room's top posting members: March 2014...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shadowdweller
Yeah but it's fun seeing their argument fall apart.

Gordon Bennett was the original. He decided he wanted to be a mod, and is now multi-accounting to try and get votes :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Argument?:tongue: I'm not sure I'd call them arguments...:colone:

I think I saw that guys first post about 5 minutes after he made it...at like 4AM
Original post by incipientT
Argument?:tongue: I'm not sure I'd call them arguments...:colone:

I think I saw that guys first post about 5 minutes after he made it...at like 4AM

I couldn't think of a suitably derisive description.

Ah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I couldn't think of a suitably derisive description.

Ah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hmm, I think you might have to turn to the emoticon list for that...
Yeah but it's fun seeing their argument fall apart.

Gordon Bennett was the original. He decided he wanted to be a mod, and is now multi-accounting to try and get votes :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, that's the one! It was for the relationship forum wasn't it :s-smilie:
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
Yes, that's the one! It was for the relationship forum wasn't it :s-smilie:

Yeah. I mean, to be fair, there is a vacancy going. But you have to have been a member for 3 months. He seemed to think he could bypass that somehow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah. I mean, to be fair, there is a vacancy going. But you have to have been a member for 3 months. He seemed to think he could bypass that somehow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He also seemed to be spamming, every single thread he posted on! How do you find out which forums have vacancies and become apart of the TSR team, just out of interest ? :smile:
He also seemed to be spamming, every single thread he posted on! How do you find out which forums have vacancies and become apart of the TSR team, just out of interest ? :smile:

Yeah, hence the ban. And then subsequent permaban for multi-accounting to get around his original ban.

It's advertised in the relevant section. For instance, if you go to Relationships, or any of the Debate and Current Affairs sections, there should be a pinned thread detailing the role and how to apply.

Let me know if you can't find it, I'll post a link.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
Love TSR because I can't discuss the things I post on here, in real life.
Yeah, hence the ban. And then subsequent permaban for multi-accounting to get around his original ban.

It's advertised in the relevant section. For instance, if you go to Relationships, or any of the Debate and Current Affairs sections, there should be a pinned thread detailing the role and how to apply.

Let me know if you can't find it, I'll post a link.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will do, thank you very much for your help :smile::smile:
I only knew L'Evil Fish and Plantagenet's crown..
I'll try for next month. It'll encourage me to help out more :smile: which is good for my revision, anyway.
I will do, thank you very much for your help :smile::smile:

No problem :h:
Reply 92
1200 in 2 months?! Jesus. It's taken me 4 years to get just over double that O_o
Original post by shooks
Welcome to a new feature on The Student Room, where we put the spotlight on the royalty of TSR - our most chatty, loquacious, talkative, non-stop posting members...

TSR is all about conversation - getting across your point of view, asking questions and helping out other people - and these are the folks who've embraced that to the max.

Every month, I'll be running a leaderboard that shows the members who've made the most posts so far. Keep tabs on this thread for regular updates - every few days I'll update this post with an updated chart.

So, can you make it into the top 10? And if you do, can you reach the very top? If it's your name that comes top at the end of the month, you'll be added to our brand-new TSR 'roll of honour' page (drum roll, please!). You'll also get a free two-month subscription to TSR and - perhaps best of all - you'll get one of our massively limited edition TSR enamel badges. Pretty much no-one gets to have one of these, so you can feel genuinely chuffed if you manage to snaffle one.

There's just one rule - no spam or junk posts. We'll be checking...! Also, do bear in mind that posts made in the 'Forum Games' section do not count towards your total here. (Is that two rules now? Hmm, maybe...)

So, congrats to September's current leaders - can you catch them up by the end of the month?

Top 10 members by posts so far in September (up to 4.30pm on Monday 16 September 2013)

View previous leaderboards from this month

Current top 10 quote list

This will only incentivise people to post crap so as to boost their post count.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by addylad
This will only incentivise people to post crap so as to boost their post count.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, spam & junk posts aren't allowed.
Original post by de_monies
So is this posts across the forum or just in chat?

Just to confirm what others have said, this runs across the whole forum with a few exceptions (notably forum games).

Original post by Sgt.Incontro
I mean congratulations and all,

BUT,

Shouldn't people be rewarded on post content quality rather than sheer number of posts?

For example I regularly help people out in Motoring, Laptops, and Mobile Phone sub-forums. That is where most of my posts are. Instead of rewarding people for one line snarky comments in troll threads? Or typical TSR style pos-rep whore posts?

Of course there will be other people on the forum who help out FAR, FAR more than I ever manage to do, but it's only deserving that THEY be praised.

And if I have upset anybody with my honest opinions, neg away, I don't care. :smile:

Original post by Ankabout
Perhaps TSR should add a new feature where a user can select any post in a thread as "Most helpful post". That way we can determine the most "deserving ones". :tongue:

These are great ideas - thanks! We're looking into new ways that we can show off the members who are the most helpful. One that we're looking at is to run an additional top 10 of the members [URL="http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?filter[type]=thread&sortby=date+desc&filter[replyCount]=0"]who answer the most unanswered threads. Love the idea of a 'most helpful' button, too. I'll get it added to our ideas list. :smile:
Nah, spam & junk posts aren't allowed.

Who said spam? I didn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by addylad
Who said spam? I didn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I apologise. It seemed implied by 'posting crap'.
I've just updated the opening post with a new leaderboard...10 days to go!

quotes

Aww man. I have no life.

Quick Reply

Latest