The Student Room Group

Student finance apllication is still ongoinn

I'm really worried about my applicatin. I still have evidece to provide becuse I'm applying through long residency. So I have to wait for my secondary school to open to request a letter for them to basically say I studied there for 5 years. That's basically all I need and my secondary school starts on the 5th and hopefully I'll be able to post is by the 10th to SFE. Will I need to contact my uni to let them know what's happening? Will I have to pay for part of my tuition loan? Will I have to repeat this next year? Because honestly this application process ruined my summer and if I have to repeat it...
Original post by JewelDeSantoth
I'm really worried about my applicatin. I still have evidece to provide becuse I'm applying through long residency. So I have to wait for my secondary school to open to request a letter for them to basically say I studied there for 5 years. That's basically all I need and my secondary school starts on the 5th and hopefully I'll be able to post is by the 10th to SFE. Will I need to contact my uni to let them know what's happening? Will I have to pay for part of my tuition loan? Will I have to repeat this next year? Because honestly this application process ruined my summer and if I have to repeat it...

Contact the student records/finance department at your uni to advise them that your tuition fee loan might be delayed. You do reapply each year (from around March), but as you won't need to prove residency again it should be a far simpler process for you.
Will I have to pay at all? Because I’m doing my online enrolment for my uni (Reading) and it says that if my loan arrangements are not confirmed by the 13th of October I will have to pay it in full?!

Original post by normaw
Contact the student records/finance department at your uni to advise them that your tuition fee loan might be delayed. You do reapply each year (from around March), but as you won't need to prove residency again it should be a far simpler process for you.
Original post by JewelDeSantoth
Will I have to pay at all? Because I’m doing my online enrolment for my uni (Reading) and it says that if my loan arrangements are not confirmed by the 13th of October I will have to pay it in full?!

You will need to contact Reading about this. Are you confident that you will qualify for student finance once you have the evidence?
(Original post by normaw)You will need to contact Reading about this. Are you confident that you will qualify for student finance once you have the evidence?

I am definitely sure that I qualify. I’ve talked to student finance and they say if I provide the evidence ( that I’ve lived here since 2014-present) then I will definitely qualify. I will contact Reading thank you. I’m not sure if this is true but I heard that if your student finance application is still processing student finance can just pay it in one large sum instead of in allocations? Is this true? 😭 hopefully.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending