The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Some exam boards give you a complete breakdown whereas others just state your grade(s).

You will get a different slip for each exam board.
Reply 2
ok thanks :biggrin: Does anyone know which exam boards break down the results?
Reply 3
um... as far i know OCR tell u your total marks, they did with my CT, but from experience thats as far as i know, sorry :frown:
Reply 4
Mine's just going to contain coal...:indiff:
Coal. More useful than a GCSE in art. I still resent the fact they made me take it.

All mine (except art booo) were ocr so i will get a breakdown for everything? oh no.
Reply 6
a ticket to see the spice girls from 1999
Reply 7
When I did Edexcel Maths they gave a breakdown of final exam/coursework marks. If there are lots of subjects for the same exam board, they might just give the grades though. I'm pretty sure AQA just give grades.
Reply 8
I've got half OCR and half Edexcel... hmmm.... I don't wanna see my marks :bawling:
I've heard AQA just give grades, i do all my GCSEs with that board, so I might have to go and see teachers if I want to know my marks. My Additional Maths is OCR, so, by the sound of it, I will be getting the mark along with my result.
Reply 10
brimstone
I've got half OCR and half Edexcel... hmmm.... I don't wanna see my marks :bawling:

What's even wrose about Edexcel is they print on the back how many marks you needed for each grade, so if you were one mark off a grade boundry, you'll know about it.

Unlucky :rolleyes:
i do loads of AQA, will i just get the grades then?
Yep
Reply 13
does anyone no what happens if you do really well? ive heard you get an extra letter with your results
Kquishir
i do loads of AQA, will i just get the grades then?

As far as I've gathered, yes. However, your teacher will have your mark breakdown - it's upto you if you want to see it - you may be a mark off the next grade! :eek:
You get a different sheet for each exam board, and if you're lucky, your school might print you off a summary sheet with all your subjects and grades like mine did. Whether you just get an overall grade or marks depends on subject and exam board. I got overall grades for everything except Edexcel maths (total UMS for exams and total UMS for coursework) and OCR English and English lit (UMS for each exam and piece of coursework and total UMS). But I was also with Edexcel for French and didn't get marks and with OCR for double science, history, short course RS and media studies and didn't get marks, so it's not as simple as 'OCR give you marks and AQA don't.'
laura k
does anyone no what happens if you do really well? ive heard you get an extra letter with your results

You get an extra letter if you get a top 5 mark for anything, but it seems like only AQA do this.
i do one OCR, and 3 Edexcel, will i get given the marks for them?
Kquishir
i do one OCR, and 3 Edexcel, will i get given the marks for them?

Completely depends on the subject, but apparently teachers get the marks even if you don't, so you could always ask them if you really wanted to know.
Reply 19
O i'm mostly with OCR so i mite get a breakdown. I like to know my marks but i dunno if i do this time! I suppose if they give you a breakdown and you've lost a load of marks, it gives you the incentive to work harder at your A levels i suppose!

Latest