The Student Room Group

Can I remove my braces early and get retainers.

I haven't finished my braces treatment, Although I have to stop it due to issues, The orthodontics offered to either remove the braces and give me Retainers as I am almost at the end of my treatment anyways OR look for another orthodontics to complete my treatment. What do I do? What is the best course to take. Is Invisalign better at this point?
Original post by EdQuestion
I haven't finished my braces treatment, Although I have to stop it due to issues, The orthodontics offered to either remove the braces and give me Retainers as I am almost at the end of my treatment anyways OR look for another orthodontics to complete my treatment. What do I do? What is the best course to take. Is Invisalign better at this point?
Seeing as your near the end of having your braces, and you're taking them off now, i don't see how the result will be massively different. It depends how close you are but if ur like a month away, then i don't see the point in getting another pair of braces. If your satisfied with the outcome why go for the hassle
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
Seeing as your near the end of having your braces, and you're taking them off now, i don't see how the result will be massively different. It depends how close you are but if ur like a month away, then i don't see the point in getting another pair of braces. If your satisfied with the outcome why go for the hassle
When I was on the call with them they had told me that they think I was around 1 or 2 more appointments before I got it taken off, Each appointment was around 2-3 Months apart, but usually two. I have a bit of an overbite although my teeth is mostly straight only some teeth are ever so slightly feel tilted although I think its just me overthinking it. On the outside It looks fine.
Original post by EdQuestion
When I was on the call with them they had told me that they think I was around 1 or 2 more appointments before I got it taken off, Each appointment was around 2-3 Months apart, but usually two. I have a bit of an overbite although my teeth is mostly straight only some teeth are ever so slightly feel tilted although I think its just me overthinking it. On the outside It looks fine.
Theres no harm in finding another if you don't like the feeling of them tilted but if they look fine and you like that then its fine, retainers are gonna keep ur teeth looking exactly as they are now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending