The Student Room Group

Results Day Stories

Anyone have any results day stories?
Reply 1
Mild chaos incoming:

On my GCSE results day there was absolutely torrential rain, so by the time I got into my secondary school I was basically completely soaked through because they made us wait at the gate for like 30 minutes. I had a bunch of my little flashcards with chemical structures on them in my pocket so when I opened my results I threw them into the envelope 'for good luck', and I still have them and have actually made more with the intention of doing the same at future results days. Anyways, the head of science literally nearly collapsed on me crying with joy because I was the first person to ever get a 9-9 in science in the history of the school (I think I am now the toxic expectation comparison ex-student in science 💀), my y11 maths teacher literally ignored me and my y8-9 maths teacher became the real MVP, my English teacher was like 'I thought you hated English' (I did, still somehow got 9s), my history teacher was not even present for me being 4 marks off a perfect score and my computer studies teacher was like 'well obviously you got all 9s it's you'. My results came with a letter begging me to come to their sixth form saying they're very keen to retain me as a student - guess what I don't wanna retain you as a teacher and then I had to run outside again still in torrential rain but this time also trying not to get my results absolutely soaked. Speedrun to my sixth form for enrollment, at this point literally drenched and actually dripping small streams of water onto the floor, walk into the building and meet a maths teacher who's like 'so how did you do' and I told him and he had a spitting out water moment but without the water. I get enrolled for physics, maths and chemistry and then I go home to contemplate how mildly underwhelming the whole thing actually was.
Reply 2
Original post by zeasea
Mild chaos incoming:

On my GCSE results day there was absolutely torrential rain, so by the time I got into my secondary school I was basically completely soaked through because they made us wait at the gate for like 30 minutes. I had a bunch of my little flashcards with chemical structures on them in my pocket so when I opened my results I threw them into the envelope 'for good luck', and I still have them and have actually made more with the intention of doing the same at future results days. Anyways, the head of science literally nearly collapsed on me crying with joy because I was the first person to ever get a 9-9 in science in the history of the school (I think I am now the toxic expectation comparison ex-student in science 💀), my y11 maths teacher literally ignored me and my y8-9 maths teacher became the real MVP, my English teacher was like 'I thought you hated English' (I did, still somehow got 9s), my history teacher was not even present for me being 4 marks off a perfect score and my computer studies teacher was like 'well obviously you got all 9s it's you'. My results came with a letter begging me to come to their sixth form saying they're very keen to retain me as a student - guess what I don't wanna retain you as a teacher and then I had to run outside again still in torrential rain but this time also trying not to get my results absolutely soaked. Speedrun to my sixth form for enrollment, at this point literally drenched and actually dripping small streams of water onto the floor, walk into the building and meet a maths teacher who's like 'so how did you do' and I told him and he had a spitting out water moment but without the water. I get enrolled for physics, maths and chemistry and then I go home to contemplate how mildly underwhelming the whole thing actually was.

Wow thats wild, congrats on the good results though.

Quick Reply

Latest