The Student Room Group

applying for law. but i have bad predicted grades

i would like to apply for law at university but my predicted grades are quite low. my school is playing it safe and has predicted me ABC and im so sure i will get AAB in the end. anyway, they have refused to change the predicted grades and now i have to apply for uni's that rank lower and accept my grades. do you have any suggestions of uni's that aren't too bad that would accept me with these grades?
Reply 1
Original post by RRHHTd
i would like to apply for law at university but my predicted grades are quite low. my school is playing it safe and has predicted me ABC and im so sure i will get AAB in the end. anyway, they have refused to change the predicted grades and now i have to apply for uni's that rank lower and accept my grades. do you have any suggestions of uni's that aren't too bad that would accept me with these grades?
I'm moving this thread into the Law forum as you should find some useful ideas in it.

I'm afraid there isn't a substitute for using UCAS course search to check out entry requirements. If uni rankings are what matters to you most, you could start with a league table and systematically work down the list to check them out, until you find unis that have a typical offer in the range of your predictions.

If it does turn out that you achieve AAB against an ABC offer you would be eligible for UCAS - Adjustment, or you could apply again with your actual grades. Even if you get offers this year you are not obliged to accept them, and even if you do and then decide you don't want to go you don't have to.
Original post by RRHHTd

I know this isn't really going to help your situation but I got ABC on an AAB offer and still got accepted. It's not the end of the world, plus as above poster said, you can be eligible for adjustment if you exceed the expectations. Just make sure you do your research and are prepared for results day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending