The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London Law - GCSEs

Hi, I'm a current Year 12 student and I'd like to do a degree in Law and have always wanted to study at a London University such as KCL. However I've recently realised my GCSEs are awfully average as I didn't take them that seriously, could any KCL students or anyone give me an idea if i even have any shot with these gcses?
9 in English Language
5 in Maths (I know this is bad)
Do I have any shot at any good universities for Law even if I smash my A levels?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I'm a current Year 12 student and I'd like to do a degree in Law and have always wanted to study at a London University such as KCL. However I've recently realised my GCSEs are awfully average as I didn't take them that seriously, could any KCL students or anyone give me an idea if i even have any shot with these gcses?
9 in English Language
Do I have any shot at any good universities for Law even if I smash my A levels?

your grades are not average they are actually pretty good. if you smash your alevels and personal statement, you can get into kcl for llb law.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
9 in English Language

bro u know ur grades are good
Original post by luceeeaxel23
bro u know ur grades are good

I go to a really competitive grammar school and I mean it when I truly feel average around my peers who at a minimum have a grade 7.
your grades are not average they are actually pretty good. if you smash your alevels and personal statement, you can get into kcl for llb law.

Thank you, I wasn't trying to attempt to come across as boasting I've just had this idea due to other people and my school that in order to get into these sorts of universities if I don't have like at least minimum a 7 I don't really have a chance because it's so competitive. I'm planning on putting my all into my a levels and ps, thanks for letting me know.
Thank you, I wasn't trying to attempt to come across as boasting I've just had this idea due to other people and my school that in order to get into these sorts of universities if I don't have like at least minimum a 7 I don't really have a chance because it's so competitive. I'm planning on putting my all into my a levels and ps, thanks for letting me know.

no i totally understand you. my grades are pretty okay and i want to do llb law at kcl but since its so competitive im worried, but im just working on personal statement and predicted grades. also have you done your lnat?
9 in English Language

I’m going through the exact same thing currently. I thought I’d pursue a future STEM career as I do Bio, chem maths Alevels however I’ve had a change of heart and want to apply for Law too. I also now go to a competitive grammar school (for sixthform) and managed to achieve grades 9888777766 and I don’t know if this would bring me to a disadvantage once applying to the competitive london universities.
I’m going through the exact same thing currently. I thought I’d pursue a future STEM career as I do Bio, chem maths Alevels however I’ve had a change of heart and want to apply for Law too. I also now go to a competitive grammar school (for sixthform) and managed to achieve grades 9888777766 and I don’t know if this would bring me to a disadvantage once applying to the competitive london universities.

Those GCSEs are so good bruh don't even stress.. especially with good a level grades. I'm not sure if you need one essay writing subject though to do law at university.
Those GCSEs are so good bruh don't even stress.. especially with good a level grades. I'm not sure if you need one essay writing subject though to do law at university.

Thank you I appreciate it. I looked into what alevel subjects they recommend/ require for law and there isn’t any subjects specified so I think it will be fine
Thank you I appreciate it. I looked into what alevel subjects they recommend/ require for law and there isn’t any subjects specified so I think it will be fine

Updates?

Quick Reply

Latest