The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
tctc
How many kitchens are there; what percentage are kosher (i read that 2 where i think?!) cause i wont be able to survive a hangover without a bacon sandwhich.

You won't have to share a kosher kitchen if you aren't kosher
Reply 21
notyourpunk
You won't have to share a kosher kitchen if you aren't kosher

Awesome, im not kosher. :smile:
Reply 22
The places with kosher kitchens tend to have ttwo kitchens one for the Jews and one for everyone else. It changes from uyear to year but north court had one of the Kosher kitchens this yearf. The kitchen facillities in north court are actually really really good. But caff is ok and you'll probably find yourself eatiung there with increasing frequency throughout the year.
Reply 23
yeh i dont expect to cook apart for breakfast...
can you get any jobs working for the college if your a student?
Reply 24
tctc
yeh i dont expect to cook apart for breakfast...
can you get any jobs working for the college if your a student?

No but we are one of the richer colleges and there is quite alot of funding there if you want to go and seek it.

Why would you need to cook breakfast... just leave it all to the caff staff that way you can wake up later for your lectures.
Reply 25
JHutcher
No but we are one of the richer colleges and there is quite alot of funding there if you want to go and seek it.

Why would you need to cook breakfast... just leave it all to the caff staff that way you can wake up later for your lectures.

haha true, on that note; how much is it for a meal there?
Epicurus
i have a question abut the theology course at cambridge. Im applying next year and i have whittled it down to applying to fitzwilliam or homerton. what do u think abt these colleges and the respective dos's/tutors (david Thompson) at them. I was surprised that fitzwilliam missed theo out in their online prospectus. i was at the open day and out of the 5 current students representing the course, 4 were from private school background. Are there many state school theo students at cambridge? which colleges take the most theo undergraduates? And do u have any book recommendations?

Why have you chosen those two colleges? They are very different from eachother!

MB
I have a Jesus offer...now all I have to do is sunbathe and wait for resuts day. In the meantime - is Jesus truly the best college in the world, ever?
Reply 28
Star_crossed
I have a Jesus offer...now all I have to do is sunbathe and wait for resuts day. In the meantime - is Jesus truly the best college in the world, ever?

everyone obviously says their college is brilliant, what sets jesus apart is the fact that they have all their college sports facilities close by, closest college to their boathouse, rugby pitch on site, cricket etc
all accomodation is within about 5 minutes walk of all other accomodation, there is one house on a road called maids causeway which is about a 7 minute walk from the library/caff which people think is bad! And all of this accomodation is close and well furnished for the most part. Its also got a fantastic library and is very beautiful but also does not suffer tourist problems of some other colleges. Accomdoation prices are relatively expensive by cambridge standards but you get a good deal in terms of what you get. the college is also rather rich and has plenty of bursaries, scholarships and grants if you need them

Good luck with results, sure they will be fine
Reply 29
I've opted for the cheaper accommodation (limited to about 15 points max I think?), hope it's not too run down.
Reply 30
tctc
haha true, on that note; how much is it for a meal there?

range of prices breakfast will rarely be more than £1.50 other meals more like £2.00 i think formal hall is currently £3.90
Reply 31
Epicurus
i have a question abut the theology course at cambridge. Im applying next year and i have whittled it down to applying to fitzwilliam or homerton. what do u think abt these colleges and the respective dos's/tutors (david Thompson) at them. I was surprised that fitzwilliam missed theo out in their online prospectus. i was at the open day and out of the 5 current students representing the course, 4 were from private school background. Are there many state school theo students at cambridge? which colleges take the most theo undergraduates? And do u have any book recommendations?

Theology is a bit weird when it comes to these questions. Trinity has the most theologians with 6 in each year, then its Jesus and Fitz I believe each with 5. As for the ratio of state to private on the course there do seem to be alot more private school people on the course. This is for a number of reasons but mainly because theology isn't made as apparent at state schools. Saying that I'm from a State school with a standard 3 A-Levels and I got in, so its not a closed shop.

Why fitz and homerton? Fitz is Ugly and miles away and homerton is in stansted... or at least it feels that way. Theology means that there isn't and disadvantage with applying to the older central nicer colleges.

If you PM with the courses you want to take then i can recomend the books i found most useful.

Justin
Reply 32
Star_crossed

Its true we really really are!

(would start chanting J--E--S--u--S but its not the same online)

Justin
Reply 33
Now there's a thing... I always assumed you guys were called Jesubites too... how odd. Well clearly Jesus Camb can't be that great because they cancelled an entire sports tournament the day before because they needed to revise for their exams... doesn't sound like party central to me :wink:
Anyone got an offer for law from Jesus?
Reply 35
Bekaboo
... Jesubites ...

Mmm, they sound yummy.
Reply 36
Teehee well... :wink:
Sounds like a rebranded Church...

Bekaboo
Jesubites...

Now In Handy Communion Wafer Form! Just The Thing To Accompany The Blood Of Our Saviour! GUARENTEED to Save You From Eternal Damnation, And Just 4 Calories Per Sliver! :p:

[/joke- I've nothing against Christians. :smile:]
Reply 38
Bekaboo
Now there's a thing... I always assumed you guys were called Jesubites too... how odd. Well clearly Jesus Camb can't be that great because they cancelled an entire sports tournament the day before because they needed to revise for their exams... doesn't sound like party central to me :wink:

I thought it was yuou who cancelled on us? meh
Reply 39
Nope - we were ready and waiting - we even abandoned our plan to go to the Bleinheim Palace Ball so we could be there... and then alas.... we received an email to tell us that since they were all so busy revising for exams none of the sports captains had been able to find a whole team. Bloody workahloics!

Latest

Trending

Trending