The Student Room Group

English Language A level students-need your Help!

Hi, I have been given a task to do on persuasive writing of about 1500 words for my coursework. We had to decide on what we choose to write about and I decided I would write about the education system- and link other aspects related to this. Although our teacher didn't tell us what to write about he did say that he wanted us to follow a specific structure of another article (I can provide the link if you want). I am aiming for a high "A" grade but English is not my strongest subject and I think some members of TSR can help. My intention is to get the reader to think more needs to be done for a better education system. These are some of the flaws I see: Education starting too early, Should parents be given more freedom/choice and it should not be compulsory, is it simply too tiring for some children? Does the government and exam board have too much control over the curriculum and should teachers be given more freedom? Is it really worth it with tuition fees rising and competition becoming more fierce for jobs and top courses.....and I've got many other topics that I want to include. I'll just show the start of my essay and I want your advise on how I can improve and what I should do for the top grade..please inbox any of your ideas and suggestions............................. Is the education systemfailing our youngsters?

From a very early age children begin the long journey up theeducation tree. Is it fair that we expect so much so early on the lives of ouryoungsters? Recent Research shows that too much emphasis is put on meetingtargets by nurseries handing out assessments; experts say that this hinders thenatural development of kids causing “profound harm”, of course not to mentionthis system is placed through all the way from primary school to universityeducation. Shouldn’t five year olds still be playing with their Lego and fireengine set? Or is it their £400 games consoles they be fiddling with these daysbut them being flooded with assessments and targets at such age is ridiculous. The government should take more responsibilityand use their initiative whilst considering situations like this.
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
Nobody has replied because your arguments are ridiculous..
Reply 3
Original post by Jooooshy
Nobody has replied because your arguments are ridiculous..
That's not the point, this argument is one I found that I would find a lot to write about, you don't have to necessarily agree with my point
Reply 4
Original post by OneDayIwill
Anyone?

Hello . and nice to meet you. I need help to do my homework for tomorrow. I try hard to finde sameone for helping me. thank you very much. I'm waiting for help. if sameone want. have nice day.
Reply 5
Nobody wants to help me? anyway , thank you! nice day to all.!
Reply 6
preintermediar.
Reply 7
So much emotion here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
preintermediar!
Reply 9
my homework it is about : As a student and me naow
Reply 10
I know I have to use the past and the present . with verbs
Reply 11