The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by akastudent
aww thanks. Even though i haven't been to an open day yet i'm pretty sure Essex is THE uni for me. Are you going to do psychology with a year abroad?

No I'm not, are you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by Sixdegreesofsoph
No I'm not, are you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope lol, everyone else i know is excited about the year abroad but living in the UK is already like an year abroad for me so yeah :smile: Have to check if they have other open days, cant wait to see the accommodation and the psychology department!
I have applied for psychology too! (with the year abroad though only for the course at essex ) I only sent my UCAS application in yesterday but I got a conditional offer from Essex today and I am also applying to Portsmouth, Surrey, Keele and Chester :smile:
Original post by shaunmk96
I have applied to Essex and just wandered what sort of offer i may get. I have applied for mathematics and am currently taking maths further maths and ict. Just wanted to know if anyone has already got an offer and what it was because i know they say their offer will probably be AAB/ABB but i know their offers were BBB last year and i didn't know because i take further maths that it might be different?
<br />
<br />

I applied a few weeks ago for maths and I got an offer two days later of BBB so hopefully it will be the same for you :smile:
Reply 24
Just got an offer for Political Economics :smile:
Reply 25
I applied on Wednesday of this week and within 2 days I had an offer of abb for business management

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Just got an offer for Modern History/International Relations - BBB. Only sent off my application on Wednesday, and Essex are the first to reply, am very happy :biggrin:

Not sure about the tower blocks though! Liked the course and the year abroad option, not too keen on the accom :s-smilie:
Does anyone know if Essex run applicant days so I can get to see more of the place and other accom options?

Thanks
Reply 27
Yeah they seem to be giving out their offers rapidly!
Reply 28
Original post by E.H.I
Yeah they seem to be giving out their offers rapidly!

yeah they do and they seem to be lower as business management offers are between AAB to ABB and I got offered ABB .
Reply 29
Original post by jamesfancourt
I am applying for Biochemistry which is at the Colchester campus! Anyone else applying for Biochem?

I've also applied to biochemistry and I've got an interview
Reply 30
Original post by smartie94
yeah they do and they seem to be lower as business management offers are between AAB to ABB and I got offered ABB .

I got the same offer as stated, ABB, but I have to get a Distinction instead as I do OCR IT! :smile:
Got my offer of BBB for American Studies! :biggrin:
However, I'm not sure whether to put Essex as my insurance, or Sussex. Anyone here put Essex as their insurance?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
I got an offer of ABB for accountancy and finance within 24hours of sending my UCAS off! Ive also applied at Kent (offer is ABB), Portsmouth (offer is 280 UCAS points), Heriot Watt (haven't replied) and Swansea! (haven't replied).
I really want to go to Essex, I've heard good things
Original post by patpending

Not sure about the tower blocks though! Liked the course and the year abroad option, not too keen on the accom :s-smilie:
Does anyone know if Essex run applicant days so I can get to see more of the place and other accom options?

Thanks

First, the Towers never look appealing. I remember on my open day I was seriously worried I would end up living in them, however, a year later I'm here sat in my bedroom in the towers and couldn't imagine living anywhere else! You get 15 instant friends and there is always something going on if you're in to parties. Also, I think they're actually renovating the South towers over the Summer.

If you're into more quiet accommodation then South Courts are pretty nice, still really close to the centre of campus but you don't share with many people. If you want to be really away from it all you can go to the Quays or The Meadows, which only opened this year and are really, really nice. The Quays & Meadows are off campus though, around a 15 minute walk (I think).

They do run open days which include tours of campus and accommodation, I went to one during the Summer just to refresh my memory of the place.

It's not the prettiest of Universities but it's all been so much better than I could have imagined.

If anyone has any questions about Essex feel free to ask me!
Reply 34
Got my offer from Essex for maths and have put it as my first choice. Just hope I get the grades now. Anyone else got their offer for maths yet and have you/ will you put it as your first choice? I'm also thinking of applying for the towers as my accommodation what does every one else think?
I'm a mature student doing the Access course and will be sending my UCAS form off shortly. I'm applying for Philosophy, Religion & Ethics and my husband is applying for Criminology & The Media

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
I've got an interview for Essex tomorrow to study Philosophy and Sociology... I'm v. nervous!

Anyone know if the University is particularly good in these subject areas?
I've read a few things, but I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks
Reply 37
Renea, its best known for its social sciences :smile:
Original post by renea96
I've got an interview for Essex tomorrow to study Philosophy and Sociology... I'm v. nervous!

Anyone know if the University is particularly good in these subject areas?
I've read a few things, but I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks

Good Luck Renea on your interview today!!
Reply 39
Wonder if anyone else is applying for Political Economics! Or any Department of Government course for that matter :smile:

I got a personal letter yesterday and I'm really starting to*get sold on the uni!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending