The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

I dont have friends. I am so depressed.

I dont have friends. I am so sad about what happen to me. I came to psycholog and they say me have a disorted thinking. I hate my life.Nothing i could do. Whats my life? I am no one in this world. I was born like that, i usually shy to meet new person. And it was going worse when i was high school. My daddy is kind of dictator. Since i was child i havent choosed what i really want to do, he arranged anything what i must do, what i must reached in my life. I know its suck. I was study in average class high school because my score wasnt good enough to go to favorite high school. For make my daddy satisfied, i have to move to favorite high school, although i had really good friends in my old hgh school. In my new high school everyhing begin. I fell really weird. I didnt know why. I always think that them always think that i was weird although i know it is only my feeling because i got disorted thinking. I always think people look me weird although i am not. And i have no friends in my high school. It was continue until now. After finished my high school i was jobless for a year because my daddy want me to go to government uni but my score didnt good enough. After 1 year i went to private uni because my score wasnt good enough. And my dad want choose information technology. But, i want to choose hospitality, he havent given me chance to choose what i want. In that time i had bf. I think it was abuse relationship. Because my bf dont want me to have friends. He always jelous although i just talk with another guy. After that i had family problem. My daddy merry with a girl in same aged with me and and have a baby. It makes me more depressed and i didnt come yo class for a year. Because of that i had really bad GPA. In 5th semester in IT i decided to change my major because i wont have good job with that really bad major. So this year i started everythingbfrom begin. I got industrial engineering from 1st semester. And the question. Right now i try to move on. And when i was close with someone they usually ask me. About another people, like my friends in the high school. I dont know how to answer, because i really have no friends in high school. I am kind of anti social (may be). And they usually ask about which kind of place fo you like to go with ur friends. It is really hard question for me. Because i havent gone to many place. I just spend my time in home. My question is will you think someone weird if someone dont have friendsl at all in high school, and college before, but i am move on right now. I have few friends. What they will think about me? Must i say i have no friends in college and high school and dont ask me anything about that, and i havent had many experuence about night life dont ask me about that because my parents never let me go out at night. Is it good answer? Or it is really rude answer?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
hi it’s been 53 years, i hope you’re okay now!! :smile:
Reply 2
NO WAY! :eek:
I wonder if shes going to reply?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
I don’t get how it’s been 53 years? Wasn’t the internet publicly available after 1990s?
Reply 4
idk on her profile it says she joined in 2013 .im confused too
Original post by ihytasha
hi it’s been 53 years, i hope you’re okay now!! :smile:

Original post by siocrystal
NO WAY! :eek:
I wonder if shes going to reply?

Original post by 2102945
I don’t get how it’s been 53 years? Wasn’t the internet publicly available after 1990s?

Original post by siocrystal
idk on her profile it says she joined in 2013 .im confused too

Probably a bug.

Original post by tia.tia.992
I dont have friends. I am so sad about what happen to me. I came to psycholog and they say me have a disorted thinking. I hate my life.Nothing i could do. Whats my life? I am no one in this world. I was born like that, i usually shy to meet new person. And it was going worse when i was high school. My daddy is kind of dictator. Since i was child i havent choosed what i really want to do, he arranged anything what i must do, what i must reached in my life. I know its suck. I was study in average class high school because my score wasnt good enough to go to favorite high school. For make my daddy satisfied, i have to move to favorite high school, although i had really good friends in my old hgh school. In my new high school everyhing begin. I fell really weird. I didnt know why. I always think that them always think that i was weird although i know it is only my feeling because i got disorted thinking. I always think people look me weird although i am not. And i have no friends in my high school. It was continue until now. After finished my high school i was jobless for a year because my daddy want me to go to government uni but my score didnt good enough. After 1 year i went to private uni because my score wasnt good enough. And my dad want choose information technology. But, i want to choose hospitality, he havent given me chance to choose what i want. In that time i had bf. I think it was abuse relationship. Because my bf dont want me to have friends. He always jelous although i just talk with another guy. After that i had family problem. My daddy merry with a girl in same aged with me and and have a baby. It makes me more depressed and i didnt come yo class for a year. Because of that i had really bad GPA. In 5th semester in IT i decided to change my major because i wont have good job with that really bad major. So this year i started everythingbfrom begin. I got industrial engineering from 1st semester. And the question. Right now i try to move on. And when i was close with someone they usually ask me. About another people, like my friends in the high school. I dont know how to answer, because i really have no friends in high school. I am kind of anti social (may be). And they usually ask about which kind of place fo you like to go with ur friends. It is really hard question for me. Because i havent gone to many place. I just spend my time in home. My question is will you think someone weird if someone dont have friendsl at all in high school, and college before, but i am move on right now. I have few friends. What they will think about me? Must i say i have no friends in college and high school and dont ask me anything about that, and i havent had many experuence about night life dont ask me about that because my parents never let me go out at night. Is it good answer? Or it is really rude answer?

The recurring thing that sticks out to me here is how it seems a lot of your choices are being made for other people - your dad or your boyfriend for example. It may well be that you are struggling to make friends because you are allowing yourself to go into environments where you will flourish and be able to make friends. While I appreciate there may be cultural factors at play there, at the end of the day if you live your entire life for someone else, you will end up having these kinds of feelings because you won't have been able to develop yourself. I think this is ultimately what you need to address to start moving forward, from my perspective.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 6
wow how has it been 53 years?!
honestly though, if you would want to try to make friends, start small by getting to know people in your classes that you see often, or people who share similar interests. i think some people don't mind not having friends and are more comfortable that way - you may be like that too as it depends on what you want.
and about your dad controlling everything you do; if you're of age, you can start to make your own choices about your own life as ultimately, you know what's best for yourself and what makes you happy as long as you're old enough to make your own decisions and have more freedom.
wishing you luck!
Reply 7
Join a club, society, group, meet up, activity

You can get support and there is a lot of support out there such as:

-The Samaritans, you can call 116 123, which is available 24 hours a day

-Mind, 0300 123 3393

-Saneline, 0300 304 7000, from 4.30pm-10.30pm

-The mix, 0800 808 4994, 11am-11pm

-SHOUT, text 852258, 24 hour text service

-Crises, 741741, text service

-Papyrus, 0800 068 4141, if you have thoughts of suicide or in emotional distress

-Rethink mental health, 0300 5000 927

-No Panic, 0800 138 8889

-relate, they have a chat advisor

There is the mind forum

Also Facebook groups

You can join support groups

You can contact a crises team if things get very bad

Plenty of resources online, information regarding well being

Latest