widening access medicine retake year 12? what is "benefiting" from programme? Watch

oranjuice
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Can i apply to widening access programmes if im eligible if i retake year 12?,,, some uni's have certain requirements, if im predicted over this but im still eligible they said they wont let me as you have t show you will "benefit"...

surely im elgibile, so even if i get better than the requirements i should be considered?

any advice on these issues?
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by oranjuice)
Can i apply to widening access programmes if im eligible if i retake year 12?,,, some uni's have certain requirements, if im predicted over this but im still eligible they said they wont let me as you have t show you will "benefit"...

surely im elgibile, so even if i get better than the requirements i should be considered?

any advice on these issues?
"benefit from the programme" sounds to me as if they're saying if you'd benefit from the widening access programme as opposed to the standard 5 year programme. What are your qualifications? Are you sure you're eligible?

Entry requirements vary per widening access programme, and tbh, I'm not sure how they feel about A-level resits. You'd have to ask admissions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (54)
14.1%
The paper was reasonable (191)
49.87%
Not feeling great about that exam... (97)
25.33%
It was TERRIBLE (41)
10.7%

Watched Threads