The Student Room Group

widening access medicine retake year 12? what is "benefiting" from programme?

Can i apply to widening access programmes if im eligible if i retake year 12?,,, some uni's have certain requirements, if im predicted over this but im still eligible they said they wont let me as you have t show you will "benefit"...

surely im elgibile, so even if i get better than the requirements i should be considered?

any advice on these issues?
Original post by oranjuice
Can i apply to widening access programmes if im eligible if i retake year 12?,,, some uni's have certain requirements, if im predicted over this but im still eligible they said they wont let me as you have t show you will "benefit"...

surely im elgibile, so even if i get better than the requirements i should be considered?

any advice on these issues?

"benefit from the programme" sounds to me as if they're saying if you'd benefit from the widening access programme as opposed to the standard 5 year programme. What are your qualifications? Are you sure you're eligible?

Entry requirements vary per widening access programme, and tbh, I'm not sure how they feel about A-level resits. You'd have to ask admissions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending