The Student Room Group

Swansea A101 Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="Amy_Kitch;45912001"]
Original post by hamzah_1992
Heyy, I'll be there on 22nd too ! :biggrin: only got my interview invite yesterday!

Yay see you on the 22nd!! Congrats!!
Are you travelling from far?!

Thank youu, congrats to you toooo :smile: I currently study in London so I'll be coming from there. Not too bad, think it's about three hours on train. How about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Amy_Kitch

Thank youu, congrats to you toooo :smile: I currently study in London so I'll be coming from there. Not too bad, think it's about three hours on train. How about yourself?

Oh that's good! I'll be coming from Hertfordshire so ill be going up the day before :smile:

Really quite excited! Although nervous too lots of prep to do!!
Reply 23
Hey guys good luck to anyone with an interview today I have mine on Friday so I'm interested to see how you guys think it went
Reply 24
Original post by EBG92
Hey guys good luck to anyone with an interview today I have mine on Friday so I'm interested to see how you guys think it went

Good luck for tomorrow! Let us know how you get on :smile: mine is next Wednesday! Quite looking forward to it although nervous obviously!
Reply 25

Awesome :smile: I'm actually coming the day before too.. How's the prep going? I really don't know what to make of the essay! Will be interestin

Prep is going okay thank you, it's hard trying to cover everything though! How about yours? I know quite concerned as don't know what to expect at all from the writing task! But then again no one does so guess were all equal on that one!
Reply 26
Good luck for tomorrow! Let us know how you get on :smile: mine is next Wednesday! Quite looking forward to it although nervous obviously!

Thanks I'm catching a 5 1/2 hour train from Leeds to Swansea in 2 hours. I've rented Gatsby and Elysium though to watch on the way down so it isn't so bad.
Reply 27
Original post by EBG92
Thanks I'm catching a 5 1/2 hour train from Leeds to Swansea in 2 hours. I've rented Gatsby and Elysium though to watch on the way down so it isn't so bad.

My journey will be just over 5 hours too! That's okay then :smile: should fly by for you! How are you feeling about it?
Reply 28
My journey will be just over 5 hours too! That's okay then :smile: should fly by for you! How are you feeling about it?

I had a mock interview and got asked some difficult questions like "What do you do if a 14 year old girl wants the contraceptive pill ?" Also got euthanasia, but I'm just gonna be honest about why I want to do medicine and through my experience prove that it's a decision I haven't made quickly but over years of experience...... who knows there is a guy on TSR who had his yesterday but he doesn't seem to be in the forum sadly
Reply 29
Original post by EBG92
I had a mock interview and got asked some difficult questions like "What do you do if a 14 year old girl wants the contraceptive pill ?" Also got euthanasia, but I'm just gonna be honest about why I want to do medicine and through my experience prove that it's a decision I haven't made quickly but over years of experience...... who knows there is a guy on TSR who had his yesterday but he doesn't seem to be in the forum sadly

Sounds like you'll be great!!! Best of luck :smile:
Original post by EBG92

Hey, so I would be the guy who had my interview on the 15th :smile:.

While I'm definitely not going to reveal anything about any tasks or interview questions (the University specifically requests you not to mention certain things in order to ensure all applicants are on an even and fair footing), I will say that it is an absolutely lovely university to study medicine at, and you will end up being sold on attending the course at Swansea within the first 20 minutes of hearing the presentations.

My interview I felt went pretty well, but in these kinds of things everyone walks away feeling like they definitely could have sold themselves much better and I was no different.

Good luck to you EBG92 and you never know, we might end up being colleagues in September if all goes to plan :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by muppetmaster

While I'm definitely not going to reveal anything about any tasks or interview questions (the University specifically requests you not to mention certain things in order to ensure all applicants are on an even and fair footing), I will say that it is an absolutely lovely university to study medicine at, and you will end up being sold on attending the course at Swansea within the first 20 minutes of hearing the presentations.

My interview I felt went pretty well, but in these kinds of things everyone walks away feeling like they definitely could have sold themselves much better and I was no different.

Good luck to you EBG92 and you never know, we might end up being colleagues in September if all goes to plan :smile:

Good luck with the rest of your application :smile:

I just wanted to ask, did they mention on your interview day when you're likely to hear back from them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck with the rest of your application :smile:

I just wanted to ask, did they mention on your interview day when you're likely to hear back from them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, you too :smile:

The presentations in the morning said most people would hear either way in March, but when I asked, the absolute earliest that people could hear would be mid February. There is also the chance of being on a waiting list for an offer which I imagine could be June at the latest.
Thanks, you too :smile:

The presentations in the morning said most people would hear either way in March, but when I asked, the absolute earliest that people could hear would be mid February. There is also the chance of being on a waiting list for an offer which I imagine could be June at the latest.

Ahh okay, brilliant, thank you :smile: I have my interview on the 22nd, nervous but definitely looking forward it! I'm glad I have final year of Uni to keep me busy until I hear back, the wait really is excruciating!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34

Just came out and recieved a Notts invite today too so good day. I felt that the day was quite good I'm not sure the written assessment was clear on what we had to do but it wasn't difficult. The interviews are okay and you 5 mins between each one. Just be honest that is my advice and hopefully it had paid off and I'll be made an offer.
Original post by EBG92
Just came out and recieved a Notts invite today too so good day. I felt that the day was quite good I'm not sure the written assessment was clear on what we had to do but it wasn't difficult. The interviews are okay and you 5 mins between each one. Just be honest that is my advice and hopefully it had paid off and I'll be made an offer.

Got my Notts invite too today :smile:

Glad that it seemed to go okay.
Reply 36
Original post by EBG92

Thank you :smile: glad it went okay for you. Mine is this Wednesday, quite looking forward to it but have the usual interview nerves of course!
Reply 37
Anyone else being interviewed tomorrow/22nd I'll be there wearing a black dress and jacket.. Come say hi! Good luck!
Good luck for your interviews guys! I have mine on the 24th, absolutely terrified! I was just wondering whether anyone can advise a bit on the plan of the day? Is the tour of the campus compulsory (already a Swansea student) and what are the arrangements for lunch and waiting for your interview in the afternoon?
Reply 39
Original post by Lucywatkins
Good luck for your interviews guys! I have mine on the 24th, absolutely terrified! I was just wondering whether anyone can advise a bit on the plan of the day? Is the tour of the campus compulsory (already a Swansea student) and what are the arrangements for lunch and waiting for your interview in the afternoon?

Hi don't worry, as you are already a swansea student I doubt the tour is compulsory. You start off with 2 talks and at the end they assign you a colour (Green,Blue,Red,Yellow) They have 2 rooms for each colour and you and another person in Green (for example) will be given the same time. After that you will have the written assessment which isn't anything academic, it's similar to situational judgement and thats all I can say. Then the tour but you have to both turn up 20 mins before your interview time but until then you can do anything really. I was lucky my time was early so I sat in the cafeteria for an hour. When you both go up to the top floor of the Grove Building they will ring a bell and one of you goes into room 1 (Academic & Med Student) for 20 mins and the other will go into room 2 (Clinician & Lay person) for 20 mins. You will then swap over and have a 5 min break before you go into the room you haven't been in (If that makes sense). After that you are free to go and relax :biggrin: Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending