The Student Room Group

Post-interview reactions?

Anyone here had their interviews? If so, where and for what? How do you think it went?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
removed
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Interviewed for Geography at Downing. Had two interviews, quite difficult. Mostly based on pre-interview reading and some very thorough questioning, and also some map interpretation. Interviewers were good at getting me to talk and expand on my answers, but it was still terrifying. Don't feel all that confident, but fingers crossed! :smile:
Reply 3
My academic interview for HSPS was horrifying. Not the interviewers fault (they were lovely), I just let adrenalin take over and talked nonsense. I got some facts wrong which I failed to correct and totally screwed up on some really basic questions. It's a shame because I love talking about Anthropology, but I just didn't perform on the night. I wasn't thrown particularly hard questions either, so I don't think I was particularly tested or challenged in the way some 'bad' interviews go. I had just downed a coffee and went into full batty, scatty, crazy mode. My toes curl looking back on it, I just felt like none of my passion came through.

My general interview was a blast. I mellowed out a lot by that point, and loved being grilled on my PS and my academic work. It wasn't perfect, but 1000% better.

I couldn't fault any of my interviewers. They were willing to help me expand on my answers and didn't attempt to make me feel uncomfortable in any way.
Reply 4
If it's of any consolation, guys, most people who feel like their interviews were horrible (such as yourselves) are the ones who get offers. So don't lose hope just yet, because you never know how it truly went. I wish you all the best of luck though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I remember when I had my interview (back in the day... OK, just a few years ago), I thought I was going to vomit the entire time and was convinced I'd completely failed it. Turns out it was totally fine!

Remember, they've got to let someone in! Why not you? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Viceroy
I remember when I had my interview (back in the day... OK, just a few years ago), I thought I was going to vomit the entire time and was convinced I'd completely failed it. Turns out it was totally fine!

Remember, they've got to let someone in! Why not you? :smile:

Ooh, I like that last bit, that's given me some courage :biggrin:
Reply 7
Medicine at Fitzwilliam, thought it went ok at first, but now that the initial excitement has worn off not thinking so well of it now lol.
Reply 8
1 good

1 bad

so I'm totally puzzled
Reply 9
Original post by azndude171
Interview at St Catherines for Computer Science. The interview went bad since School prepared me for the interview for with questions about personal statement and stuff ended up being all Maths/Physics and Logic Puzzles(was stuck on 1st question!). Hopefully you interview went better good luck with offers!

did they not mention your personal statement at all?
Reply 10
removed
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by azndude171
No mention at all, what did you apply for and how did your interviews go?

maths and i havent had mine yet.....i applied to that other place :colone:

good luck in getting an offer though mate !
Reply 12
Just had my interview for Engineering at King's. On one of the questions they told me I did very well, though on another I stumbled a little in tge beginning but still managed to do it. They also asked me about some technical stuff from my personal statement, but I'm not sure about that. I guess they had a fairly good impression of me-but is it good enough, that is beyond me.
Reply 13
I have my interview soon! Pretty nervous about it :s-smilie: I am applying for Computer Science. Any advice you guys might have for me? :smile:
My general interview went alright, but my subject interview was a disaster :frown: I said the stupidest things, things I even know arent correct, but I just blurted them out because of the nerves - it's like I'd gone temporarily mad!
Reply 15
Original post by Kaylee Frye
My general interview went alright, but my subject interview was a disaster :frown: I said the stupidest things, things I even know arent correct, but I just blurted them out because of the nerves - it's like I'd gone temporarily mad!

This exactly *sympathetic fistbump*
Reply 16
I really really enjoyed my interviews, it was such an interesting experience and I also learnt a lot! MML at Newnham!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Claree
ChemEng via NatSci at Trinity. It went dreadfully. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was that because of your concussion? I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you think.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by GB6991
Anyone here had their interviews? If so, where and for what? How do you think it went?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Had both of my interviews for Econ at Pembroke on the 10th and I was also there on the 9th. I think I might have seen you as there was a Land Economist there on the 9th...
Mine went okay :smile:
Can't really tell if it's good or bad because the questions they asked are so based on the written test but I learn a lot during the interview. Their discussions were interesting.:smile:

That's phys natsci at Trinity and those 2 professors wanted to clarify everything but no nerves! You can do it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending