The Student Room Group
No lol. Basically each mobile has a centre number which the phone uses to send text messages to and receive text messages from other mobiles. It basically acts like a buffer between the mobile phone device your sending a text to or receiving a text from. Its set my your mobile phone network but you can get it back (if you lose it) by calling up customer services from your mobile and requesting it
Reply 2
Yes i know what a message centre number is, I just don't know why there would be a setting to reply via the same centre. It must surely do something. Someone once text me and it said reply path is defined. I thought this was to do with replying via the same centre
If you switch on reply via same centre then when you reply to a text message, the message will only get through to the recipient if you are both on the same network (and using the same message centre).

In the olden days, you used to be able to use foreign message centres to basically send free text messages (before the networks realised they could make millions by charging a fortune for text messaging!). Now, message centres are set up to only accept and forward on text messages from customers on their network (e.g. I can't set my T-Mobile phone to send text messages through Orange's message centre).

Hope that helps?
Reply 4
Ok thanks alot, il give you some rep for that, i just wasnt sure what it did!

Latest

Trending

Trending