The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester Access Programme

Basically, the information I needed to get onto the map programme just came through. I tried accessing the application on the website but it isn't working.

Has the deadline passed or something? If so, is there anything I can do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jubz1
Basically, the information I needed to get onto the map programme just came through. I tried accessing the application on the website but it isn't working.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi I've moved this to the Manchester forum :smile: Which year are you currently in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Jubz1

Posted from TSR Mobile

What year are you in, if you are in year 12 you may have some time but I think you would have to apply soon.
Reply 3
If I'm not wrong, I think the deadline was 16th December - so I would try ringing in and speaking directly.

Try getting through to the MAP Team on 0161 306 6505
Reply 4
If I'm not wrong, I think the deadline was 16th December - so I would try ringing in and speaking directly.

Try getting through to the MAP Team on 0161 306 6505

Original post by MattDrane
What year are you in, if you are in year 12 you may have some time but I think you would have to apply soon.
Reply 5
Forgot to say, I did actually ring up and they told me I missed the deadline by an hour or so :frown:

I am in year 12 but apparently only year 12s can apply to during that period

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jubz1
Forgot to say, I did actually ring up and they told me I missed the deadline by an hour or so :frown:

I am in year 12 but apparently only year 12s can apply to during that period

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a shame, but it's not the end of the world by any means. You can still sign up for UMASS at Manchester, and as far as widening participation programmes go (though I'm not sure of the deadlines!) Realising Opportunities, UNIQ and the Sutton Trust may still be open to you. Access to Leeds almost certainly is available to you if you were eligible for MAP, but you don't apply for that until early next academic year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Origami Bullets
That's a shame, but it's not the end of the world by any means. You can still sign up for UMASS at Manchester, and as far as widening participation programmes go (though I'm not sure of the deadlines!) Realising Opportunities, UNIQ and the Sutton Trust may still be open to you. Access to Leeds almost certainly is available to you if you were eligible for MAP, but you don't apply for that until early next academic year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you supposed to apply for MAP in year 12? and Leeds access programme?
Original post by zed963
Are you supposed to apply for MAP in year 12? and Leeds access programme?

MAP is something you apply for I'm first term of Y12, but you send in an Access to Leeds form at the same time as you send in a UCAS application to Leeds, so first term of Y13. Access to Leeds is like a pared down version of MAP, but you still get a offer that's two grades lower from Leeds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
MAP is something you apply for I'm first term of Y12, but you send in an Access to Leeds form at the same time as you send in a UCAS application to Leeds, so first term of Y13. Access to Leeds is like a pared down version of MAP, but you still get a offer that's two grades lower from Leeds.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is there a scholarship with leeds as well?
Original post by zed963
Is there a scholarship with leeds as well?

There will be some form of bursary that's open to you regardless of whether you did Access to Leeds or not, but I don't think there's an extra bursary. I'm on my phone though so can't check.

Did you have a look at any of the other schemes I mentioned?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
There will be some form of bursary that's open to you regardless of whether you did Access to Leeds or not, but I don't think there's an extra bursary. I'm on my phone though so can't check.

Did you have a look at any of the other schemes I mentioned?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I couldn't seem to find an application form for realising oppurtunities.
Original post by zed963
I couldn't seem to find an application form for realising oppurtunities.

I'll try and remember to have a look for you when I get home

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I'll try and remember to have a look for you when I get home

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers, much appreciated.
Original post by zed963
Cheers, much appreciated.

Unfortunately I just had another look, and your school needs to be involved for you to be eligible :sadnod: http://www.realisingopportunities.ac.uk/student-information/eligibility-criteria/

With regards to bursaries at Leeds, apparently you're in a priority group for their pre-entry application scholarships (alongside other beenfits, like getting a lower offer e.g. ABB instead of AAA. http://www.leeds.ac.uk/ace/PS/a2l_why_take_part.html ) and you can get a pretty generous bursary too http://www.leeds.ac.uk/info/30507/university_support

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending