The Student Room Group

ucat

Hello! I saw on the UoM website that should anyone participating in the
Manchester Access Programme pass, then they will get a
reduced ucat threshold: "participants should have a score in the top 75%". Could anyone give me a rough estimate of what that threshold would be please?
The UCAT threshold you're referring to would differ year on year as it would depend on the deciles and that depends on students' performance in that application cycle. UCAT publishes preliminary deciles in September after most applicants have sat their exam and final deciles in October once everyone has sat the exam. Therefore, your best bet is to use the prelim stats to gauge your score against the 7th and 8th deciles (as that's where 75% would fall) and apply strategically based on that.

I believe the UCAT website will have a set of past stats for you to look at if you want a rough idea of recent years.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by tylerthecreator1
Hello! I saw on the UoM website that should anyone participating in the
Manchester Access Programme pass, then they will get a
reduced ucat threshold: "participants should have a score in the top 75%". Could anyone give me a rough estimate of what that threshold would be please?

Hi, im actually in the exact same position but for dentistry lol. Also, if you know what the whole top 75% UCAT threshold meant please could you explain it. Just wanted to ask if you got the offer for medicine, because i’m currently doing MAP on the dentistry strand and wanted to know if Manchester are lenient during the admissions process with students who completed MAP :smile:
On the open day they said that it was 2700 was the rough cut off for interviews this year

Quick Reply

Latest