The Student Room Group

How to get A* in GCSE French?

I basically keep getting B's in french.
I've done my writing, I got an A for one of them and a B for another one.
I still need to do one of my speaking exams, one of them I got a B for, so for this one I need an A at least.
And then all I have now is reading and listening papers (higher).
I'm really scared because all my other grades are A and A*'s and french is really below, sometimes i get C's.
I hate language very much!
I'm trying to learn as much vocabulary as possible and I have printed out past papers to practice later on.
What else can I do?
Thank you!
Reply 1
I've got A* in all french mock exams and all the speaking/writing exams I have done so far, the key in the writing is to minimise grammar mistakes, use several verb tenses and advanced or irregular verbs and avoid repeating the same word or phrase (use car instead of parce que, etc). In one section, I would use some very advanced French above gcse level just go get a few extra marks. In the speaking, learn a piece, and again, speak fluently and with a nice accent, and again use several verb tenses and irregular verbs and avoid repeating the same word or phrase. For the exams, do a lot of past papers so you can learn the words that keep recurring and also get better at listening in general

hope that helps
Reply 2
good luck
Reply 3
For the reading and listening it really is just learning vocab and understanding it in use. Past papers are a great way of revising! You could also try reading a book in french (something with a familiar story) or watching french films. This should help you get used to understanding both written and spoken french for the exams! Good luck:smile:
Thank you guys so much!
I'm gonna try as best as possible! Thanks for the advice! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest