The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds University, Business Studies with Foundation Year 2013

Hi there,

I applied to the University of Leeds for the Business Studies with Foundation Year course. I received a rejection today, and I am very shocked. I had met the grade requirements and met the foundation year eligibility requirements too. This completely surprised me as I really did hope to go to study at Leeds.

Can anyone give me an idea of why I could've possibly been rejected and if I could appeal possibly?

- A really gutted individual :frown:
Phone Leeds and ask if they can give you feedback on your application. Dont be rude or aggressive. They may only say that you 'didnt meet their requirements' which is usually code for 'we didnt like your PS or your reference', but you can ask if there was anything specific - like a missing GCSE grade for example.

You can't appeal the decision unless its based on something factual - they have misread your existing qualifications as an example - otherwise, you just have to take it on the chin and move on.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by ldn187
Hi there,

I applied to the University of Leeds for the Business Studies with Foundation Year course. I received a rejection today, and I am very shocked. I had met the grade requirements and met the foundation year eligibility requirements too. This completely surprised me as I really did hope to go to study at Leeds.

Can anyone give me an idea of why I could've possibly been rejected and if I could appeal possibly?

- A really gutted individual :frown:

Hi, Im really sorry about your rejection :frown:

Did you get the pack of forms in the post about the Foundation year and did you sent it back in time? Plus did the rejection come up via email or was it in the post??

Im so sorry again :frown:
Reply 3
I'm currently on thus course and I would say the biggest reason for rejection tends to be due to the applicant being overqualified or not meeting the requirements (widening participation)
Reply 4
Original post by skinthom
i'm looking at applying to do the BSc Business Studies With Foundation Year at Leeds in September. I know the deadline is soon! I have everything ready, literally just need to press send. Was just wondering what its like? how its taught? is the end degree actually from Leeds Uni or the Lifelong Learning Centre? Did you have an interview? What was asked? etc
hope you guys can help :smile:

I'm currently studying on this course so please forward any questions to me. I'm compiling a list of FAQ's which I will put up soon so fire away :smile:
Hi - sorry to hear that you have been unsuccessful with your application. As others have said, for this course it is usually that applicants are "over qualified" - it is aimed at students with lower predicted grades than our standard courses.

You can contact the admissions team for more information, [email protected]

Amanda

Quick Reply

Latest