The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College, Biomedical Sciences applicants - Oct. 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by catharticrelease
I've applied for biomedical sciences at Imperial, Sheffield, Newcastle, St. Georges and natural sciences at Cambridge.

Still waiting to hear from Imperial and St. Georges.

What other courses/unis have you applied to?

Do people mind sharing their BMAT results? I just want to get a feel for the sort of calibre Imperial biomed applicants are at - I'm sure very high!

I've applied to read medicine at Oxford, Imperial, King's and St George's. I've withdrawn my application to study biomedical science at Imperial because they've taken too long to reply and I've got offers to study Medicine.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Aren't we supposed to hear back by Friday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by sausagerolled
Aren't we supposed to hear back by Friday?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year, offers went out in March. :dontknow: (?)

Original post by tarhuni
I've applied to read medicine at Oxford, Imperial, King's and St George's. I've withdrawn my application to study biomedical science at Imperial because they've taken too long to reply and I've got offers to study Medicine.

Congrats on your offers! :hat2:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jenn.

Congrats on your offers! :hat2:

Thank you :smile:
Just received an unconditional offer from Imperial! Hope everyone else has had good news/will receive good news soon :smile:
Reply 25
unconditional offer for biomed too :smile: with medicine ps tho...ugh n received UCL medicine rejection on the same day :/ hvnt got any medicine offers yet....
anyone mind sharing their stats?

6.2 6.4 3.5A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ms_star
unconditional offer for biomed too :smile: with medicine ps tho...ugh n received UCL medicine rejection on the same day :/ hvnt got any medicine offers yet....
anyone mind sharing their stats?

6.2 6.4 3.5A

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats and I'm sorry about UCL.

My Stats are:

GCSE: 12A*s and A in FSMQ Additional Maths
A-Level: A*A*A*A in Maths, Further Maths, Biology and Chemistry respectively
AS-Level: 5As in the above and English Literature
BMAT: 7.5, 5.2, 3.5A
Reply 27
Congratulations to all those who received offers!!!! :woo:
Anyone else with pending qualifications who's still waiting to hear from them? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 28
Congrats and I'm sorry about UCL.

My Stats are:
GCSE: 12A*s and A in FSMQ Additional Maths
A-Level: A*A*A*A in Maths, Further Maths, Biology and Chemistry respectively
AS-Level: 5As in the above and English Literature
BMAT: 7.5, 5.2, 3.5A

that s1 is amazing!!!:smile: srsly I think this year the s1 is quite hard... with ur stats did u get the Cambridge natsci offer? I saw in the previous page ur choices, so I guess ur gonna insurance imperial?:P
hv u ever thought of applying to medicine? ur grades r def gd enough :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ms_star
that s1 is amazing!!!:smile: srsly I think this year the s1 is quite hard... with ur stats did u get the Cambridge natsci offer? I saw in the previous page ur choices, so I guess ur gonna insurance imperial?:P
hv u ever thought of applying to medicine? ur grades r def gd enough :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! And your S2 is brilliant - I thought that section was really hard this year!

No I didn't get Cambridge unfortunately but tbh I think I'd thrive much more in a London-based university. So Imperial is my firm.

And thanks, yeah I thought about applying for medicine but I'm so indecisive about my career that the thought of doing medicine now and being confined to that career only scares me haha. So I decided to apply for biomed to keep my options open - get experience in various fields during my degree - and then if I decide I really do want to be a doctor at the end I'll apply for grad. med (providing I work hard enough to get at least a 2:1!) I think to do medicine you have to really want to do it and know for certain all you ever want to do is become a doctor primarily and I'm unsure at the moment so I didn't want to risk applying when I might regret it later! Also the competition is high enough as it is - I wouldn't want to add to it when most people applying are deadset on it now and deserve it right now more than me! That's what grad. med. is for - indecisive, confused people like me ha.

Where else have you applied for medicine? You've already got your grades so you're a gap year student too? Hopefully that will work in your favour! Best of luck with all your other applications :smile:
Reply 30
Thank you! And your S2 is brilliant - I thought that section was really hard this year!

No I didn't get Cambridge unfortunately but tbh I think I'd thrive much more in a London-based university. So Imperial is my firm.

And thanks, yeah I thought about applying for medicine but I'm so indecisive about my career that the thought of doing medicine now and being confined to that career only scares me haha. So I decided to apply for biomed to keep my options open - get experience in various fields during my degree - and then if I decide I really do want to be a doctor at the end I'll apply for grad. med (providing I work hard enough to get at least a 2:1!) I think to do medicine you have to really want to do it and know for certain all you ever want to do is become a doctor primarily and I'm unsure at the moment so I didn't want to risk applying when I might regret it later! Also the competition is high enough as it is - I wouldn't want to add to it when most people applying are deadset on it now and deserve it right now more than me! That's what grad. med. is for - indecisive, confused people like me ha.

Where else have you applied for medicine? You've already got your grades so you're a gap year student too? Hopefully that will work in your favour! Best of luck with all your other applications :smile:

I was a bit sleepy at the 9am bmat... but thanks :smile: I'm international so I didn't do GCSEs so s2 is a pain for me esp physics !!! lol glad it still turned out ok - but same, didn't get the Cambridge offer :frown:

I assume ur from London then?:P me too heheee. Except Cambridge n UCL I applied to Queen Mary n UEA for medicine, which I'm still waiting for replies.. the Queen Mary interview is in a few weeks time :/

ahhh I'm a super superficial person lol imperial biomed offer is so hard to turn down tbh, but my heart is set on doing medicine .. would be a really tough choice for me if I get medicine offers from UEA/Queen Mary :tongue: but doing biomed at imperial means l hv to go thru this medicine competition again after 3 yrs...altho the choices then might be much better :P I'm not even sure at this moment but of course the more offers the better :biggrin:

I'm still in upper-sixth I just did self study fast track 4 a-levels last year, but the results weren't particularly impressive, just A*AAB, maybe for biomed they think it's enough :tongue:? hahaa
this year I'm retaking a few units n doing further maths n Chinese. I'm predicted 4A*2A (total of 6 subjects including the 4 taken last year) :smile: that's all

wt r u doing in ur gap year? I'm thinking if I get 3A* or above this year n dun get any medicine offers I might consider taking a gap year :P I'm so indecisive tbh hahaaa n I agree with ur choice :smile: it's gd to think a bit more b4 getting into medicine, it's a long n hard journey lol might see u at imperial in a few months if I finally decided to take the grad medicine route :smile: n congrats for getting this offer that u want n suits u the most, u must be overjoyed :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
I have an offer for biomed at Imperial (woo!) but I also have one from UCL and I don't know which one to choose :/ any opinions? :confused:
Reply 32
I'm still waiting on imperial. Haven't heard anything from them since the acknowledgement email. :frown:

Do they usually take this long? Oh and im an international applicant if that matters.

My BMAT was 5.9 6.1 3A
Reply 33
Original post by twx3101
I'm still waiting on imperial. Haven't heard anything from them since the acknowledgement email. :frown:

Do they usually take this long? Oh and im an international applicant if that matters.

My BMAT was 5.9 6.1 3A

Don't worry, I think they haven't sent out all their offers yet. Last year, some people received theirs in March. :smile:
Reply 34
Hi Guys. So I got an offer for biomedical science which appeared in my UCAS account. Are we suppose to get an email from Imperial...or an invitation for an offers holders open day?
Reply 35
Original post by Jenn.
Don't worry, I think they haven't sent out all their offers yet. Last year, some people received theirs in March. :smile:

Well, I guess you're right, but when your friends have gotten replies from their unis, you tend to get a little worried..
Reply 36
Original post by twx3101
Well, I guess you're right, but when your friends have gotten replies from their unis, you tend to get a little worried..

Yeah, I know... :/
Reply 37
Hey guys, I got an offer 3 days ago :smile:. Even though ucas didn't email me..

Original post by Rhayat1
Hi Guys. So I got an offer for biomedical science which appeared in my UCAS account. Are we suppose to get an email from Imperial...or an invitation for an offers holders open day?

I didn't get any email either...

Original post by biomedamy
I have an offer for biomed at Imperial (woo!) but I also have one from UCL and I don't know which one to choose :/ any opinions? :confused:

They're both great Universities though. I got offers from both too. Any ideas which one you would prefer?
Reply 38
Original post by twx3101
Hey guys, I got an offer 3 days ago :smile:. Even though ucas didn't email me..

I didn't get any email either...

They're both great Universities though. I got offers from both too. Any ideas which one you would prefer?

Depends on what both of you want to do later. :smile: If you are planning on working as a Biomedical Scientist in the NHS, then it would be better to go for a course that's accredited by the IBMS. Bear in mind that Imperial's Biomedical Science degrees are not accredited. So, this means that you will have to pursue studies after your degree...

UCL and Imperial are both great universities, though! :biggrin: Whichever you choose, I hope you enjoy your time there!

And congratulations on your offer, by the way! :h:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by Jenn.
Depends on what both of you want to do later. :smile: If you are planning on working as a Biomedical Scientist in the NHS, then it would be better to go for a course that's accredited by the IBMS. Bear in mind that Imperial's Biomedical Science degrees are not accredited. So, this means that you will have to pursue studies after your degree...

UCL and Imperial are both great universities, though! :biggrin: Whichever you choose, I hope you enjoy your time there!

And congratulations on your offer, by the way! :h:

Thanks! I'm thinking of firming imperial, though it is a bit pricey.

Hope you get into medicine!! Good luck and all the best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending