The Student Room Group
Reply 6700
Poison Ivy
I am tres good. Long day at work?

Just a few hours but it get boring like all jobs! but it pays so i can't complain!

I so wanna learn how to speak & write Arabic. I know how to read basic Arabic but what good is that

What do people suggest is the most efficient way?

I know a few words though

There is thing called the quranic word of the day, it send you a arabic word every day with the meaning it is pretty good and has helped me a little. its a start i guess.
Reply 6701
o0MorseyMan0o
If you have arab freinds try to practice it with them
You could find a sunday school or something or join an arabic course (if there is)
You could develop your basic arabic into better by reading maybe...
The closest I have to real Arab "friends" is on the net :frown: lol

One of my best friends is Somalian though lol. Yeah I'll check at my local masjid if they have any classes :biggrin:
Reply 6702
Weird and Wonderful
There is thing called the quranic word of the day, it send you a arabic word every day with the meaning it is pretty good and has helped me a little. its a start i guess.
Linky?
o0MorseyMan0o
You don't have to be addicted to it to be haram.... they talk as if they know the "ghaib".... and really once i read in them.... it's just a complete random scattering of people's personalities according to their horoscope... it really annoys me seeing on egyptian t.v., muslims running a programme which is completely about horoscopes... and this guy comes up talking as if it is a great knowledge he possesses.

i know thats just nonsense.. its funny when u think about it! all these idiots beleiving some guy as if hes some kind of saint!:rolleyes:
justfarhan
I so wanna learn how to speak & write Arabic. I know how to read basic Arabic but what good is that :frown:

What do people suggest is the most efficient way?

I know a few words though :biggrin:

Marhaba! :biggrin: Erm, Assalamu Alaikum, Khai fahala? (I've nearly exhausted my arabic knowledge in that! :p:)
Reply 6705
lil_one
Milli is on holiday i think x

Who's Milli??

The Green Manalishi
Marhaba! :biggrin: Erm, Assalamu Alaikum, Khai fahala? (I've nearly exhausted my arabic knowledge in that! :p:)

Did you mean: Kaifa Haluka (which means how are you)?
Reply 6706
The Green Manalishi
Wa alaikum salam :p:

I don't know what khai fahala means :redface:

I know these though [I hope!]

La = No
Yalla = Hurry?
Marhaba = Welcome
Shukran = Thank you
Sobr = Patience?
Reply 6707
justfarhan
The closest I have to real Arab "friends" is on the net :frown: lol

One of my best friends is Somalian though lol. Yeah I'll check at my local masjid if they have any classes :biggrin:

What a good spirit you have.

And I am one of your friends on the net right? :smile:
Anyway, I just wanna tell you that I am too slow at typing arabic on the keyboard.
Weird and Wonderful
Just a few hours but it get boring like all jobs! but it pays so i can't complain!

True atleast you got a job! I'm just sat at home :frown:
Reply 6709
justfarhan
Wa alaikum salam :p:

I don't know what khai fahala means :redface:

I know these though [I hope!]

La = No
Yalla = Hurry?
Marhaba = Welcome
Shukran = Thank you
Sobr = Patience?

Sabr = patience صبر
Osbor = be patient أصبر
Yalla is actually not from orignial arabic, but it is used in general speech and ya it means hurry or "come on"
Reply 6710
o0MorseyMan0o
Sabr = patience
Osbor = be patient
Yalla is actually not from orignial arabic, but it is used in general speech and ya it means hurry or "come on"

I learnt "yalla" when I was in Medina in the shopping centre and this arrogant boy around my age [19] kept saying "yalla yalla" to the chip shop man because he wanted his food quick lol

And I learn "sabr" from when I was next to the Kaba, when people kept pushing to kiss the Black Stone, and everyone kept saying it :biggrin:

I learnt Maraba from the countless of shop owners who try and invite us in at every chance they get :rolleyes:

:biggrin:
Reply 6711
o ok thx guys. i think horoscopes r haram, u def shdnt blv what they say anyway
PsychologyJen
Thanks for the welcome guys. :biggrin: o0MorseyMan0o is right Aliyah (beautiful name by the way, hope you don't mind if I call you that, it's just so gorgeous!), Britain and it's Muslim community need people like you to speak out. Have you heard of MPAC-UK? http://www.mpacuk.org/ I was a little disappointed with its website, to be honest, as it wasn't quite what I expected, but the young men who started the organisation said its purpose was to speak out against terrorism and educate people about the true Islam.

I've seen a lot of Muslims type it on this board, and you've said the same thing, about the media changing, but how can the media change when all they've got to go on are the radical Muslims who make the news?? And can you really *expect* the media to change? With the exception of perhaps The Independent, the media do not care for anybody's rights, they care about what sells. The onus is on peaceful Muslims to make a larger noise than these extremists, and I really really hope you guys can do it :biggrin:

Greetings Jen! :biggrin:
I completely agree about the last line, we should try and keep it in mind! I've never used that site though, first time i'm seeing it! :smile:
Reply 6713
Just to complete: Osbor is when you say it for men, Osbori is when you say it for women.
rizzyh

Also the guys they arrested are young/british muslims. :frown:

Where'd you find out? Link? I didn't see that in the BBC article i read this morning.
justfarhan

I learnt "yalla" when I was in Medina in the shopping centre and this arrogant boy around my age [19] kept saying "yalla yalla" to the chip shop man because he wanted his food quick lol

And I learn "sabr" from when I was next to the Kaba, when people kept pushing to kiss the Black Stone, and everyone kept saying it :biggrin:

I learnt Maraba from the countless of shop owners who try and invite us in at every chance they get :rolleyes:

:ditto: :ditto: :biggrin:
Reply 6716
OKguys I should be going now. Salams every1!!!! Have fun
And Ivy stop being cheeky:p:
o0MorseyMan0o
Inshallah you do well. There's a du'aa one could say before starting the exam. But I really don't know it's translation, seriously i try to find but most of the time i dont. Here it is:

اللهم اشرح لي صدري ويسر لي أمري واحلل عقدة من لساني يفقه قولي

Hey JazakhAllah bro! Do you think you could write it in English, like the transliteration? i.e. "Allahumma Ash..." as i can read arabic with diacritics, but without i find hard. Thanks bro! :biggrin:
Reply 6718
justfarhan

Ahlan Wasahlan can be also used for welcoming. And it is from original arabic (called arabic "fus-ha")
o0MorseyMan0o
OKguys I should be going now. Salams every1!!!! Have fun
And Ivy stop being cheeky:p:

:eek: I am not just asking dunno his real name but W&W how is day was! Only if you will then I'll stop too:p:

Latest