The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Is there an Islamic Society at Penryn Campus (University of Exeter)

Is there an active Islamic Society on Penryn Campus? I may go to a different university if not, because in sixth form some people mainly came to pray and barely wanted to hang out. I'm looking forward to the kind of sports and charity week events that other Isoc's do.
Original post by Raf 1
Is there an active Islamic Society on Penryn Campus? I may go to a different university if not, because in sixth form some people mainly came to pray and barely wanted to hang out. I'm looking forward to the kind of sports and charity week events that other Isoc's do.

Hi Raf Raf 1,

I believe so. I've linked the Falmouth and Exeter Students Union society page here. There is a society called "The SU Islamic Society" as well as sports and charity societies. If there is another society you wanted to join and it's not there, you could even start your own!

I hope this helps,

Bethan
University of Exeter Student Ambassador
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by ExeterStudentRep
Hi Raf Raf 1,

I believe so. I've linked the Falmouth and Exeter Students Union society page here. There is a society called "The SU Islamic Society" as well as sports and charity societies. If there is another society you wanted to join and it's not there, you could even start your own!

I hope this helps,

Bethan

Thanks Bethan

Is it possible that you could find out more for me e.g number of members and events that SU Islamic society offers?
I've tried to contact them via social media and email. But to no avail.

I wouldn't mind starting one necessarily, but I don't know whether most people would be interested in joining, since I'm sure most muslims would be going to Stretham Campus.
Original post by Raf 1
Thanks Bethan

Is it possible that you could find out more for me e.g number of members and events that SU Islamic society offers?

I wouldn't mind starting one necessarily, but I don't know whether most people would be interested in joining, since I'm sure most muslims would be going to Stretham Campus.

I'll see if I can find some helpful contacts who might have some more information for you:smile: I'll let you know what I find out.

I hope this helps,
Bethan
Original post by Raf 1
Thanks Bethan

I am going to direct you to some places which might be able to help you find out a bit more the Muslim Community at the University of Exeter. I am sorry the ISU didn't get back to you; as it is the summer holidays I suspect they will be at home and not really thinking about the society so much. I would like to think they might get back to you once we are a bit closer to term but with a new academic year and new committee members it might be missed.

It is worth reaching out to our Chaplaincy Team as they will have a good insight into what events take place throughout the year and how active the society is. One of my colleagues has also suggested they could do some digging for you if you reach out to them on [email protected].

I am sorry I cannot help you more myself but hopefully this is a good starting point.

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
Reply 5
Original post by UniofExeter Rep
I am going to direct you to some places which might be able to help you find out a bit more the Muslim Community at the University of Exeter. I am sorry the ISU didn't get back to you; as it is the summer holidays I suspect they will be at home and not really thinking about the society so much. I would like to think they might get back to you once we are a bit closer to term but with a new academic year and new committee members it might be missed.

It is worth reaching out to our Chaplaincy Team as they will have a good insight into what events take place throughout the year and how active the society is. One of my colleagues has also suggested they could do some digging for you if you reach out to them on [email protected].

I am sorry I cannot help you more myself but hopefully this is a good starting point.

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team

Thanks Melody. Appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending