The Student Room Group
Reply 10780
justfarhan
Wa-alaikum Salaam :biggrin:

How'zit going dude?

I'm good. just reading some of the latest tranfers. Some are :eek: :eek2: :eek2: :eek4:

How you doing?

Kamran I am currently in Newcastle, I went to Birmingham and London for the weekend and that was it I am back now. I may visit Syria in Ramadan though

Are you Syrian? I think i may have asked you already! :rolleyes:

My mate is there at the moment coming back on Friday! Spoke to him said it is brilliant. :smile:

Can't wait till Ramadan! :biggrin:
lil_one
really? why?
I found it so hard :redface: Along with many others. But hey, you might be really good at it :smile: :p:
Milli
Am i in the wrong place? As far as i remember this is meant to be an Islamic society and there's been no Islamic discussion for the last 15 pages!

Justfarhan, since you are the leader........come up with a good topic :smile:
I'm not the leader, I'm the Thread Starter! (:adore:)

My mind has gone blank :redface:
Weird and Wonderful
I'm good. just reading some of the latest tranfers. Some are :eek: :eek2: :eek2: :eek4:

How you doing?
Yeah it's like Tevez and Masch going to West Ham, Abrahamovic is behind this I tell you!! :smile:

I'm ok bro, what's your name btw? My memory is bad.
yea i hated eco too.. i dropped the school lessons coz i hated da teacher.. studyed da whole course in 2 weeks n just used my comon sense (if any) in the exam!!!
btw i did it for the sake of having an extra gcse(without it, i would have only 6)
justfarhan
I found it so hard :redface: Along with many others. But hey, you might be really good at it :smile: :p:

Oh gosh :frown: my brother advised me not to do it either even though he got an A and does economics as part of his course in uni :rolleyes: but i don't know what else to do then?
Reply 10786
justfarhan
I'm not the leader, I'm the Thread Starter! (:adore:)

My mind has gone blank :redface:

Ah right :smile:

Someone told me today that men aren't allowed to wear trousers below their ankles. Can someone explain why?
aliyah do the right thing and drop!!!
we wanna study pharmacy.. right?!!
screw economics then!:wink:
Milli

Someone told me today that men aren't allowed to wear trousers below their ankles. Can someone explain why?

I found this for you sis :

Ans. There is no difference of opinion amongst the scholars with regards to covering/non-covering of the ankles. All the scholars, regardless of their different schools of thought and differences in many issues, have no difference of opinion in this regard. They all unanimously agree that the length of the lower garment, i.e. the trousers/pants/izars etc. should be above the ankles for men. Thus it is forbidden for men to cover their ankles with their lower garments i.e. trousers/pants/izars etc. There are several authentic Ahadith to substantiate this ruling.

Narrated Abu Huraira
Allah's Messenger (pbuh) said, "Allah will not look, on the Day of Resurrection, at a person who drags his Izar (behind him) out of pride and arrogance." (Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 7, Hadith no. 5788)

There may be few Muslims who tend to differ on the subject due to ignorance. They argue by saying ‘the Hadith says that anyone who drags the Izar out of pride and arrogance will be punished in the hereafter. Therefore we don’t drag the pants out of pride and arrogance’.

However, there are many Ahadith in which the Prophet has instructed in unambiguous words to wear the Izar above the ankles without mentioning the aspect of pride or arrogance. One of the Ahadith is as follows:

Narrated Abu Huraira

The Prophet said, "The part of an Izar which hangs below the ankles is in the Fire." (Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 7, Hadith no. 678)

In the Hadith quoted above, there is a general instruction to keep the trouser above the ankle, irrespective whether it is out of pride & arrogance or without pride & arrogance.

Moreover, can any human being claim to be as humble as the Prophet (pbuh)? Alhumdulillah, we Muslims believe that the Prophet (pbuh) was far more humble than anyone of us can ever be and he could never be as arrogant & proud as we can be at any given time. He was sent as a mercy (Al-Qur'an 21: 107) for all the creatures, yet he wore his lower garments above the ankles. Therefore we should obey the commandment of the Prophet (pbuh) in order to prosper in the hereafter. The Prophet (pbuh) is reported to have said:

"All my followers will enter Paradise except those who refuse." They said, "O Allah's Messenger! Who will refuse?" He said, "Whoever obeys me will enter Paradise, and whoever disobeys me is the one who refuses (to enter it)." (Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 9, Hadith no. 384)

Thus, it is incumbent upon the Muslim men to wear the pants/trousers/izars above the ankles. And Allah knows the best.
Reply 10789
justfarhan
Yeah it's like Tevez and Masch going to West Ham, Abrahamovic is behind this I tell you!! :smile:

I'm ok bro, what's your name btw? My memory is bad.

That bloody Russian!

My name is Kamran.
lebanon4ever

lol drop before i've even started? lol oh gosh..but what to change it to then??
Milli

I thought it's only for prayer? I roll my trousers up above my ankles for prayer. Don't know the reasoning behind it though, I think it's sunnah.
about trousers below the ankles.. its just sunnah (thats what the prophet did but its not a must)
lil_one
lol drop before i've even started? lol oh gosh..but what to change it to then??
Psychology! :bunny:
copy cat farhan!
lebanon4ever
Dude, I thought we were gonna study Psychology together. Whatever happened to that :argh:

:frown:!
Reply 10796
lebanon4ever

She might actually be good at Eco!
lebanon4ever
copy cat farhan!
I said it first! :eviltongu
I also found this article..

Despite the stern warnings of Rasulullah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) concerning the wearing of the trouser below the ankle, some Muslim men totally disregard this Sunnah. In fact, many argue that this applies to a person who wears it below the ankle if pride settles in the heart.

Having said that, it is therefore undisputed by all that wearing the trousers below the ankle with pride is a major sin. And if worn without pride then too it is a major sin. (Alamgeri), except that should the trouser unintentionally drop below the ankle then there is no sin. This was the case of Hazrat Abu Baker (Radhiallahu Anhu) for which Rasulullah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) excused him. It is indeed sad to note that some people of the Ummah disregard its importance and largely take it for granted.

The warnings admonished by Rasulullah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) are explicit and direct. We cite a few hereunder:

1. Rasulullah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said, 'That which hangs below the ankle, will be in Jahannam. (Bukhari)

2. Once Hazrat Abdullah bin Umar (Radhiallahu anhu) entered the gathering of Rasulullah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam). He says, 'My trouser was hanging a little below my ankle when Rasulullah asked, "who is this"? 'I replied, Abdullah bin Umar'. Rasulullah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said, 'If you are Abdullah then raise your trouser above the ankle.' I immediately did likewise to the extent of half my shin. From that day onwards I formed a habit to wear my trouser above the ankle. (Musnad Ahmad)

3. It is reported in a hadith that three people whom Allah Ta'ala will not talk to nor look at and for them will be a terrible punishment. The narrator says that Rasulullah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) repeated this three times. Then Hazrat Abu zar Ghaffari (Radhiallahu anhu) commented saying that these people are indeed very unfortunate but who are they? Rasulullah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said that person who hangs his trouser below the ankle, that person who does good deeds and lies and that person who takes a false oath to sell his goods. (Abu Dawood)

Explaining the situation Hazrat Abdullah bin Umar (Radhiallahu anhu) says that the meaning of Rasulullah's (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) warnings refer to anything that hangs below the ankle i.e. when wearing the lungi or long abayya kurtas.

At this point, it will suffice to say that our beloved Nabi (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) has presented a certain code of conduct (which forms part of the Sunnah) and should we claim to love Rasulullah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) then follow his way - the only way for our salvation in this world and the hereafter.
Weird and Wonderful
That bloody Russian!

My name is Kamran.
Hey :smile:

You're not really from Oman are you?! :p:

Latest