The Student Room Group
Fine thanks u?
is anyone here watching Amir Khan's Fight?
the contender? ive heard of it but havn't seen it. not a big fan of fighting myself.
neither am I a big fan of him, But i thinks he's good representative of the muslim community.
Never mind. Take care. Byeeeee
Is it me or does every Pakistani mentions Amir Khan one way or another?

He's a boxer - he crashed his 60K BMW (should've given 40K to charity and buy a nice 20K car tut-tut) and in the Reebok-promotional ''I am'' video it shows him and other asians AT NIGHT with loud blasting music from their cars and Im like he's a muslim?

Also he wears a necklace/chain (men aint allowed to wear it)

He's a asian boxer. Period. Dont attach Islam with this sinner.
Glamour Girl
neither am I a big fan of him, But i thinks he's good representative of the muslim community.

On June 27, 2006 Khan was charged with dangerous driving after an incident near his home in Bolton, after breaking the leg of another motorist.

Typical Azn. - Could've killed the guy..

Nope Amir Khan is not a 'representative of the muslim community' - that made me laugh...

He's in my opinion a role model for asians BUT NOT Muslims.
rizzyh
Also he wears a necklace/chain (men aint allowed to wear it)

I know men aren't allowed gold, but silver is no problem...

He's a asian boxer. Period. Dont attach Islam with this sinner.

We're all sinners.
Socrates
I know men aren't allowed gold, but silver is no problem...

We're all sinners.

:ditto:
Milli
Question:

If a muslim girl is walking down the street and an elderly muslim guy smiles at her.....would it be considered okay if she smiles back?

Not sure, why don't you mutter a salaam under your breath so he'll see your lips and then reply. Thawaab for both! :biggrin:

Some say a smile is the smallest form of Sadaqa - but i might advise to use the "salaam" option as i'm not sure if that's referring only to smiling at the same sex :p:
Milli
Hmmm i had a question somewhat similiar to that. I think joking with girls in the class isn't appropriate and would be considered harram. I was wondering..would it still be haraam if you speak to the opposite gender only for study purposes. For instance...what if you work in a group and you have to discuss the work? Would it be okay?

There's no choice then right? It's not like you choose the group...
Reply 11431
salam everyone

i hope everyones fine
walaykumm salam brother
alhamdulilah all good. How about yourself? :smile:
Reply 11433
rahmara
walaykumm salam brother
alhamdulilah all good. How about yourself? :smile:

am fine allhumdulliah.just thinking about college, which is going to open tommoro
ooh tomorrow :smile: mine starts on moneday 11th :biggrin:
Reply 11435
rahmara
ooh tomorrow :smile: mine starts on moneday 11th :biggrin:

yh 9/11, the day when osama bin laden blew up the twin towers
yeah, 9/11. They were showing a programme on it yesterday. :rolleyes:
Reply 11437
rahmara
yeah, 9/11. They were showing a programme on it yesterday. :rolleyes:

yh on channel 4 init lol
Salaam :smile:
Glamour Girl
is anyone here watching Amir Khan's Fight?

Is he Sajid Mahmood's brother?

Latest