The Student Room Group
i think the pakistani and islamic soc should merge :biggrin:
no ? ok.. :getmecoat
Get your coat.
justfarhan
Get your coat.

:redface:
Reply 15823
I havn't seen the pakistani society but is it like an undercover islamic society, or just that the same people post in both?
its got lots of the same people in it as well as others..i just feel like im neglecting the good ol' i-soc :frown:
Reply 15825
lol, when I first got invited to this society I thought its an islamic society but its really just general chatting for muslims, isnt it
Reply 15826
Muhammad Abuzaid
lol, when I first got invited to this society I thought its an islamic society but its really just general chatting for muslims, isnt it

I'm afraid so, with an undercurrent of Islamic talk sporadically.

"Salaam"
"W/salaam!"
"Has anyone got an Islamic talk?"
"Nope, you?"
"I can't think of any at the moment" [At this point any hope of discussing an Islamic matter is quickly obliterated]
"Okay, so how was school today?" etc. etc.
Reply 15827
Man thats terrible, this is Ramadan as well. I am sure we could start things like explaining surat alfatiha atleast. Or how to pray like the prophet, peace and blessings be upon him.
One question.

Sometimes say if you don't have water/dates to break your fast, is it okay to wait (say e.g. you are doing a job or something) or would no. 1 priority to be to get water?
Reply 15829
The prophet peace and blessings be upon him told us to break our fast a.s.a.p. and the opposite holds true for suhoor. It was narrated that we break our fast with dates (2 types, one preferred over the other), if not then water.
I love Dimez's talk :rofl:

Anybody here a big fan of Dr Zakir Naik?
I really love his lectures :smile: So inspiring and yet so easy to understand :smile: Marshallah
Salaams all

Whats the 411? Also hows ur fasting so far?
I understand that giving christmas cards are not permissable. But what about eid cards? Are they allowed? :confused:
rizzyh
Salaams all

Whats the 411? Also hows ur fasting so far?

Walaykum salam brother :smile:

411 in what context?
Fasting is going good alhamdulilah :smile: How about yourself
rahmara
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakathu everyone
ID just like to say thanks to nev, mizfissy and laaibah for their ideas :biggrin:

Hey, no problem... I just hope they were useful.
If you ever need any help, I'm always here! :smile:
Reply 15835
This guy Ali is hilarious. You guys have to see this (if you haven't already):

http://www.ummahfilms.com/season1.html
Dimez
This guy Ali is hilarious. You guys have to see this (if you haven't already):

http://www.ummahfilms.com/season1.html

:love: If I could marry his eyes, I would. :love:
Reply 15837
Nevatary
:love: If I could marry his eyes, I would. :love:

What's so special about his eyes? :rolleyes: :smile: