The Student Room Group
Everyone download Sami Yussuf's 'Allahu' & ''My Ummah''

Both are great songs :smile::smile::smile:
rizzyh

I should have known, well i have to go now...uni tomorow. bye.
.S.O.S.
I want to be moved....I want someone to show me....make me feel this is it, and i need knowledge of islam...it's important for me, untill i fully understand something i can't accept it.

I watch things on islamic channel now and then. It 's strange though how my mum prefered to watch some movie, rather than this programme that was about reverts, because i thought of her as a strict muslim and prob would have liked that.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ukBX2TvfyQE

This was on brother Muhammad Abuzaid's signature, i watched it and it moved me so much! So thank our brother this video :smile: Its called A Meeting with Allah.
o thanks SK, its half 10 ill go in half an hour
SketchyCanvas
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ukBX2TvfyQE

This was on brother Muhammad Abuzaid's signature, i watched it and it moved me so much! So thank our brother this video :smile: Its called A Meeting with Allah.

its very soothing, thanks, and thanks to abuzaid.
aminalia89
islam does have a place for science, i believe in the big bang and other things too just not evolution in humans. did youknow that one of the 99 names of allah is the evolver so not everything is chucked out just the whole monkey to human thing. how can scientists even believe that when there is a gaping hole in where the missing link should be.

Ye i agree with you!
The scientific believe is that evolution is blind and its purely due to a trillion coincidences that we are as we are. Have you read the book by Richard Dawkin's called the blind watchamker?
But scientific experiment has shown that the likelyhood of making a simgle protein from an amino acid, randomly is 10^428 (or something like that...)
Anyway that means that to create a human being, blindly and randomly as the naturalists believe happened would take an eternity! Therefore there must be a divine power guiding evolution through the path it takes.
So we are formed from evolution, but its certainly not blind evolution!!
SOS and others, i'd recommend you try to get a book called The Purpose of Creation - it's good! It's written by Abu Ameenah Billal Philips and is only something like ~70 pages long.

Reply 18987
Dimez
I don't remeber the spefiic verse but there's an ayah in the Qur'an which says "Allah will not change anyone unless that first chaneg what is within themselves" (not the exact verse, please someone reference me if possible).

[13:11]For each (such person) there are (angels) in succession. Before and behind him: they guard him by command of Allah. Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls). But when (once) Allah willeth a people's punishment, there can be no turning it back, nor will they find, besides Him, any to protect.

This is the verse you asked for Dimez, I underlined the specific bit that you wanted.

Infact this verse also fits in with the discussion regarding Muslim's current contributions to the world. We need to face it, we are not contributing! Quite the contrary! I am not even going to bother comparing ourselves to previous muslims, nor will I bother pointing fingers at anyone but ourselves. I pointed fingers at our nation forgetting I am part of it, this nation will never rise until I Muhammad stop wasting so much time, it will not rise until my friend M stops talking to girls, it will not rise until my friend Y stops sleeping until 2pm, it will not rise until my friend T stops taking drugs, it will not rise until we all change ourselves, starting with me!

When I was looking for that verse I came across a fatwa that brought tears to my eyes. A Syrian teenager aged 15 said he realised he wasted too much time on entertainment and realised through the above verse than he will need to change himself, then his family, then friends, then neighbourhood, then country, then the Islamic Nation. He said he realised he needs to start changing himself in order for him to move onto others and eventually the whole nation, so he can start to contribute to civilization. Such great ambition. Wallahi I believe him.
Reply 18988
I just read a scary article. In Tunisia not only did they ban the hijab they also banned women who wore it from work, education and were even forced to take it off in public by force!

This was started and backed up by the president of Tunisia and the head of religious affairs there. They denied the fact that it is obligatory, now the Islamic nation and its scholars all agree that whoever does so for any of Allah's commandements is indeed a Kafir, let alone who fights it (These are not my own words by the way).

I just have questions like, why do people moan about Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Sudan or Somalia for forcing women to cover up but say nothing about crimes like this?

Alhamdulilah some sisters chose their Lord over their jobs and education. Allah says in the Quran whoever leaves something for him, he shall be awarded with something better. Patience is a key. Now my request is for us to at least remember these people in our Du'as and support them in any means that we can.
Reply 18989
Muhammad Abuzaid
I just read a scary article. In Tunisia not only did they ban the hijab they also banned women who wore it from work, education and were even forced to take it off in public by force!

This was started and backed up by the president of Tunisia and the head of religious affairs there. They denied the fact that it is obligatory, now the Islamic nation and its scholars all agree that whoever does so for any of Allah's commandements is indeed a Kafir, let alone who fights it (These are not my own words by the way).

I just have questions like, why do people moan about Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Sudan or Somalia for forcing women to cover up but say nothing about crimes like this?

Alhamdulilah some sisters chose their Lord over their jobs and education. Allah says in the Quran whoever leaves something for him, he shall be awarded with something better. Patience is a key. Now my request is for us to at least remember these people in our Du'as and support them in any means that we can.

Alhamdulillah some sisters choose to be a good Muslim and an educated one at the 'same' time. Which is possible. In Tunisia's case I would either suggest the sisters to move to another country/study at home or wear the bandana to school (which would at least cover their head but unfortunately expose their neck)

:smile:
Muhammad Abuzaid

Yep counter-oppression... That's terrible though! :frown:
Milli
Alhamdulillah some sisters choose to be a good Muslim and an educated one at the 'same' time. Which is possible. In Tunisia's case I would either suggest the sisters to move to another country/study at home or wear the bandana to school (which would at least cover their head but unfortunately expose their neck)

I don't think he was referring to that. Rather that if it's a toss up between Deen and Dunya then it's fantastic that some sisters chose/ choose Deen.
Milli
Alhamdulillah some sisters choose to be a good Muslim and an educated one at the 'same' time. Which is possible. In Tunisia's case I would either suggest the sisters to move to another country/study at home
or wear the bandana to school (which would at least cover their head but unfortunately expose their neck)

It's not so easy to move to another country and not all can afford to study at home. I would suggest they simply did what was asked of them because God knows all and everyone will get their punishment/reward. I find it quite paradoxical that Muslims are persecuting other Muslims for their religion. Or perhaps it's just chauvanists oppressing women.
Muhammad Abuzaid

What? If a person in Tunisia wears a headscarf, then they have committed Kufr? Never mind...I get it now.

The Prophet (saws) said-
سيكون في أخر الزمان دعاة على أبواب جهنم من أطاعهم قذفوه فيها

My rough translation-
During the end of time, there will be callers(da'wah makers) to the gates of Hell/Jahnam…whoever obeys them will be thrown in it.

It seems that there are quite an abundance of them nowadays and they seem to be going towards both extremes.
Reply 18994
mizfissy815
What? If a person in Tunisia wears a headscarf, then they have committed Kufr? Never mind...I get it now.

The Prophet (saws) said-
سيكون في أخر الزمان دعاة على أبواب جهنم من أطاعهم قذفوه فيها

My rough translation-
During the end of time, there will be callers(da'wah makers) to the gates of Hell/Jahnam…whoever obeys them will be thrown in it.

It seems that there are quite an abundance of them nowadays and they seem to be going towards both extremes.

نصرة الإسلام في تونس
Anyone watched the Dispatches programme on Channel 4 today?
justfarhan
Anyone watched the Dispatches programme on Channel 4 today?

yep
I didn't like the way they went about that :smile:
I'm organising an ISOC meet up for the Global Unity Conference #excited# http://www.theglobalunity.com/
Thats exactly what I said. I just think they did it the whole wrong way. There personal approach was violent, so how did they expect people to react. There are so many mosques where women can pray as well, including in the Blackburn and Ilford areas which they focused on. They deliberately went to the mosques which didn't have any facilities.
And that MPAC guy was in it again. Sometimes I think they deliberately try and cause trouble.

Latest