The Student Room Group

Can you please show me some examples of c or b grade coursework in GCSE art?

Can you please show me some examples of c or b grade coursework in GCSE art? I'm thinking of doing art GCSE but don't know if I can achieve it or not. If I see the examples of c's and b's and think I can't achieve them then I'm not doing it. Please help!x
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

image.jpegSorry for the orientation, my computer seems to dislike me! This was done at the beginning of last year (Year 10 for me) using a stick and some ink. It is pretty fun if you ask me but then again I am probably going to do it as an A-level so :tongue:
EDIT: Forgot to say this was part of a B+/A coursework overall, I got an A in my mock so take from that what you will :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
This got me an A. Exam piece!

1389355753776.jpg
Original post by L'Evil Fish
This got me an A. Exam piece!

1389355753776.jpg

How did you not get an A*? That's incredible! What does the writing on the top say?
Original post by CreatorGal14
How did you not get an A*? That's incredible! What does the writing on the top say?

Well I was predicted a D/C so I thought I did pretty well :biggrin:

It means 'What shall we have next' I think :smile: or something similar, implying Hitler had Britain under his control. (As shown by swastikas for puppet string holders)
Well I was predicted a D/C so I thought I did pretty well :biggrin:

It means 'What shall we have next' I think :smile: or something similar, implying Hitler had Britain under his control. (As shown by swastikas for puppet string holders)

It's awesome! Not to mention it's deep meaning! My mock exam which we did before Christmas was about Movement so I did light graffiti around my friends who posed as if they were running/ falling over/ driving/ rowing. I was pretty proud of it if I do say so myself :tongue:
Original post by CreatorGal14
It's awesome! Not to mention it's deep meaning! My mock exam which we did before Christmas was about Movement so I did light graffiti around my friends who posed as if they were running/ falling over/ driving/ rowing. I was pretty proud of it if I do say so myself :tongue:

Thank you :smile: means a lot because I was never thought to be good at it :no:

Oh that's cool! You should have some photography if you can :awesome: like it you have a camera, have a long exposure and draw with light.
I got a B, one mark off an A :cry: kind of see why now, I really wasn't that great, here is a few examples of my coursework :smile: 1389391848524.jpg1389391868767.jpg1389391883853.jpg1389391894423.jpg1389391906050.jpg1389391920543.jpg1389391959607.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you :smile: means a lot because I was never thought to be good at it :no:

Oh that's cool! You should have some photography if you can :awesome: like it you have a camera, have a long exposure and draw with light.

What grade did you get overall or are you in Year 11?

My final piece was really fun to do! I had never used Photoshop before so that was a learning experience XD

I'm hoping to do photography A-level.
Original post by Lucy96
I got a B, one mark off an A :cry: kind of see why now, I really wasn't that great, here is a few examples of my coursework :smile: 1389391848524.jpg1389391868767.jpg1389391883853.jpg1389391894423.jpg1389391906050.jpg1389391920543.jpg1389391959607.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

You didn't get an A?! Shocking.

That's a lot better than my stuff.
You didn't get an A?! Shocking.

That's a lot better than my stuff.

Nope, I was genuinely heartbroken at the time :lol: I got a low A in my coursework and a B in my exam :sadnod: which is even more frustrating because I had to do my final exam piece in half the time you're allocated, so it was rushed!

Not at all, it's not even close :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
Nope, I was genuinely heartbroken at the time :lol: I got a low A in my coursework and a B in my exam :sadnod: which is even more frustrating because I had to do my final exam piece in half the time you're allocated, so it was rushed!

Not at all, it's not even close :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would have been distraught if I was in your position :tongue:

That's unfair! I had 10 hours! I think I got low ish A in c/w and high ish A in exam.

That pencil one is awesome!!
Original post by Lucy96
I got a B, one mark off an A :cry: kind of see why now, I really wasn't that great, here is a few examples of my coursework :smile:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those are awesome though! :eek:
Reply 15
I've seen the first picture of your course work on the walls around my school :redface:dd:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Lucy96

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've seen the first picture of your course work on the walls around my school
:redface:dd:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would have been distraught if I was in your position :tongue:

That's unfair! I had 10 hours! I think I got low ish A in c/w and high ish A in exam.

That pencil one is awesome!!

Haha it wasn't nice :tongue:

Wow :redface: but that's very impressive :biggrin:

Thank you! :h:
Original post by LucyTheWeird
Those are awesome though! :eek:

Thank you! As are yours! :gasp:
Original post by Yafman
I've seen the first picture of your course work on the walls around my school
:redface:dd:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well it is copied, I chose Roy Lichtenstein as the artist to base my work off, I copied a few of his, and then used my sister as a model, took photographs, and did drawings of her in that style :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96

Thank you! As are yours! :gasp:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Lucy96
Haha it wasn't nice :tongue:

Wow :redface: but that's very impressive :biggrin:

Thank you! :h:

The second to last one, what medium was that?

Quick Reply

Latest