The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Second year accommodation - what happens if we can't find a place to stay?

I'm currently in the process of looking for a place to stay for second and third years, but most places seem to be gone already!

Does anyone know what will happen if I can't find a place? Would UEA let me keep my room at Uni?
Reply 1
Original post by xBMF
I'm currently in the process of looking for a place to stay for second and third years, but most places seem to be gone already!

Does anyone know what will happen if I can't find a place? Would UEA let me keep my room at Uni?

Keep looking- there are definitley still places available. My landlord is still showing people around and I know people who got a decent house in April and other students who found places in September. UEA definitley won't let you keep your room in halls.
(edited 10 years ago)
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
House hunting can be one of the most arduous and stressful experiences in life. Just be glad that you're not trying to do it while working a 9-5 job and moving an entire house full of stuff. Treat looking for a new house seriously and take it as a life lesson as it's something you will probably have to do many times again in the future. Oh and remember the 3 golden rules:

1) You probably wont find somewhere as cheap as you want
2) You probably wont find somewhere in the location you want
3) You probably wont find yourself sharing with people you want.

If you can negate any of those, consider yourself lucky.
Reply 3
I'm also looking for a room to rent atm, i'll finish my first year in september. What are you studying at the UEA? :-)
Park bench, under the arches or in a subway.
Reply 5
You may have to find a house where people are looking for one person to fill a room, although I do know of the university letting people stay in uni halls.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending