The Student Room Group

Korean/Japanese at Sheffield University 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by 07at
Thank you Franchesca! That helped me a lot too when applying for this course :biggrin:!

Shouldn't you be in the Birmingham thread, Anna? ya stalker.
Reply 161
Original post by franvb
Shouldn't you be in the Birmingham thread, Anna? ya stalker.

Hahahahahahaha, I changed Unis! Kidding....
Reply 162
heeey I just got my offer through extra to do Korean Studies with Japanese, hopefully will be seeing some of you in September!!
Original post by leandw
heeey I just got my offer through extra to do Korean Studies with Japanese, hopefully will be seeing some of you in September!!

I didn't realise extra was open, or did you not get your original choices??

Anyway will be good to see you in Spetember, Join the FB group we have a lot of us on here would be good to get to know one another more :smile: https://www.facebook.com/groups/604438252974580/
Reply 164
Hi!

I'll be attending Sheffield this September and will be studying Korean Studies with Japanese. Hope to see you all there in September.

:biggrin:
Hi guys!
I applied for Japanese Studies at Sheffield but I'm still waiting for a reply from them.
I got accepted into SOAS and I'm holding this at insurance though.

I wonder how long is it going to take Sheffield to give me an answer. I sent them my results more than 2 weeks ago, don't you guys think it's taking a bit long? Maybe I should contact them about it?
Original post by tomikocchi
Hi guys!
I applied for Japanese Studies at Sheffield but I'm still waiting for a reply from them.
I got accepted into SOAS and I'm holding this at insurance though.

I wonder how long is it going to take Sheffield to give me an answer. I sent them my results more than 2 weeks ago, don't you guys think it's taking a bit long? Maybe I should contact them about it?

Depends on the back log, plus it's the summer just now so the majority of the staff will not be in the uni not until about Late August time. But contact them if you think it will help. :smile: Will hope to see you in September though :biggrin:
Reply 167
Original post by xiaolongx
how on earth do i prove to my family and head of sixth that this is a good idea? i don't think that they won't support me... it's just i don't want them to have any negativity and bring me down :s-smilie:

You are choosing something you enjoy and you want to do. You do the degree, nobody else. This also means when you do find a job after uni, not only are you fluent in 2 languages now (maybe more i dont know if ur already billingual) but whatever job you can get with this degree is going to be to do with something you love and are actually interested in. Not everybody wants to follow monotony and study maths with economics and spend their whole life as an actuary crunching numbers all day. Does anyone really enjoy math or is that only chosen for the money that comes with a boring job? i digress...
Yay, Track finally works today. My place for Japanese Studies was cofirmed :biggrin: See you guys in September then.
I think I want to do Chinese with Japanese instead of Japanese with German :smile:
Studying Japanese this September! Will meet you all xx
Sheffield asks for ABB for Chinese or AB with B in welsh bac. I only got BBB at AS. Should I apply if my predicted grades are ABB or higher. I'll get my Welsh Bac result later in the year.
Hi guys! :biggrin: new to the convo but i've accepted my offer at Sheffield doing Korean with Japanese too! ^^ see you all in September! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending