The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Korean Studies w/ Japanese offer holders

Hey! I received my offer for Korean Studies with Japanese at the University of Sheffield a few weeks ago and was wondering whether there was anyone else out there who has also received an offer for this course or a related one at Sheffield :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by MagicalKiwi123
Hey! I received my offer for Korean Studies with Japanese at the University of Sheffield a few weeks ago and was wondering whether there was anyone else out there who has also received an offer for this course or a related one at Sheffield :smile:

hii! i’ve applied for the japanese studies course! i only just submitted my application so i haven’t heard anything yet hhh, how long did it take them to reply to you after applying? :0
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by mintrbl
hii! i’ve applied for the japanese studies course! i only just submitted my application so i haven’t heard anything yet hhh, how long did it take them to reply to you after applying? :0

Ahh, good luck with your application!! I applied to both Korean studies with Japanese and the Japanese studies course and it took me around two weeks to hear back after applying ^^

i got an offer back for japanese studies :smile:
Original post by charcharbinksog

Ah, well done!!! Are you planning on firming Sheffield? ^^
Reply 5
nice one :smile: I applied just over a couple weeks ago and i'm very much sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for a response lol, how long did your response take?

Original post by charcharbinksog
I got an offer for korean studies about a week ago :smile:
Congratulations for receiving an offer to study at Sheffield!!!

Everyone who receives and offer will be invited to an offer holder day between February and April.

In the meantime, if anyone has any questions about Sheffield, let me know and I'll do my best to help.

Meg :smile:
Reply 8
hii i was made an offer for korean studies with japanese too! are you going to any of the offer days? :smile:
This threads a bit old but I've got an offer for Japanese and am looking to make friends :biggrin:
Hi Meg, I am interested to know what the DLL test will be like, do you know where I might be able to find more information about what to expect so I can prepare? thanks

Original post by University of Sheffield Alumni
Congratulations for receiving an offer to study at Sheffield!!!

Everyone who receives and offer will be invited to an offer holder day between February and April.

In the meantime, if anyone has any questions about Sheffield, let me know and I'll do my best to help.

Meg :smile:

Heyyy kiwi, I was wondering if you had any tips with personal statements and what to write as I want to do the exact same course!
Original post by Anonymous
Heyyy kiwi, I was wondering if you had any tips with personal statements and what to write as I want to do the exact same course!

Hii! For your personal statement I'd really recommend talking about various different reasons as to why you are interested in the course and how studying the course could benefit you. For example, I wrote about my interested in Korean literature, media, and history as well as my general interest in the study of East Asia as well :smile:) I also wrote about how I initially became interested in this topic area and certain things I've done to pursue this area of study (e.g. self study Japanese for a few years and talking free online courses) If you need any more help please let me know!
Reply 13
I have an offer for Korean with Japanese Studies too! Congrats to you! Is sheffield your firm?
Reply 14
Original post by Mjb6
I have an offer for Korean with Japanese Studies too! Congrats to you! Is sheffield your firm?
Sorry just realised this thread started a year ago haha. How are you finding the course so far?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending