The Student Room Group

Aqa a2 german unit 3 june 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
How is everyone preparing for the translation section of the paper?

Going to see the german assistant at school and just practise as much as I can :smile:. (Past papers, other booklets etc)
Original post by eggz95
Going to see the german assistant at school and just practise as much as I can :smile:. (Past papers, other booklets etc)

Do you happen to know any websites where I can practise my translation? I've done all the past papers but I need more practise.
Reply 22
I could maybe take some photos of a translation pack but can't do it right now as I'm not home, can't find any useful websites but will do so ASAP!!! :wink:
Hope this helps 🇩🇪

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1399709458.899101.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1399709493.869948.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1399709508.590775.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1399709539.101786.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1399709552.620371.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1399709565.948717.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1399709592.765434.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1399709616.337176.jpg

Hope this helps!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you sooo much! That's ever so helpful. :biggrin:
Reply 25
Wow hi nosey German a2 student here who is doing the edexcel exam! The aqa sounds sooo confusing I don't envy you all! Good luck xxxx
I'm doing the film 'Angst essen Seele auf' by Fassbinder and the novel 'Die Verwandlung' by Kafka. Good luck everyone!
Reply 27
Hello ! How are you lot revising for Unit3? The essay in particular, I'm all on my own as well in German lol, everyone else dropped it after as so I have no one to ask about it!! I'm doing a region Nordrhein Westfalen and Der Vorleser, the essay on the book they've done in the past seem so much more difficult than the regional ones.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by becky96
Hello ! How are you lot revising for Unit3? The essay in particular, I'm all on my own as well in German lol, everyone else dropped it after as so I have no one to ask about it!! I'm doing a region Nordrhein Westfalen and Der Vorleser, the essay on the book they've done in the past seem so much more difficult than the regional ones.

Exactly my situation!! Do you find it awkward as well?? Is it the book der Vorleser or the film??
I'm just gonna write essays (or plans) and try and predict what could come up looking at past questions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by eggz95
Exactly my situation!! Do you find it awkward as well?? Is it the book der Vorleser or the film??
I'm just gonna write essays (or plans) and try and predict what could come up looking at past questions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks I'm doing the book. :smile: I don't really find it awkward, just because my teacher is quite talkative haha. I can imagine it would be with other teachers, though. How many hours a week do you get? I only get three! They seem to think because I'm on my own I don't need the full 5 hours (I really do)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 30
Hiya :smile:

I'll also be taking this exam. How are you guys thinking of working your way through it? I've been thinking about this. I'm not sure whether to get the essay out of the way as it's worth the most marks, or begin with the listening, reading, etc and ease my way through...

How are you all finding revising for the units? :tongue:
Reply 31
Hey, I'm also doing this exam! I did it last year but retaking it to boost my grade :biggrin:
It's not as bad as you think, although you have to time it perfectly otherwise you'll run out of time on the essay which happened last year! :/
Reply 32
Original post by RS94
Hiya :smile:

I'll also be taking this exam. How are you guys thinking of working your way through it? I've been thinking about this. I'm not sure whether to get the essay out of the way as it's worth the most marks, or begin with the listening, reading, etc and ease my way through...

How are you all finding revising for the units? :tongue:

Whatever's best for you. Personally I need to build myself up for it lol
Reply 33
Original post by becky96
Thanks I'm doing the book. :smile: I don't really find it awkward, just because my teacher is quite talkative haha. I can imagine it would be with other teachers, though. How many hours a week do you get? I only get three! They seem to think because I'm on my own I don't need the full 5 hours (I really do)

I do get 5, but my teachers have been off quite a lot die to illness and personal problems, including for the oral!! It's only awkward when we have to do "pair work" or when my french teacher takes the mick!!!
Guten Tag, wie gehts? :smile:
I am also the only one in my year doing german. I am doing the book ich fuhle mich so 50-50 and the berlin wall. Find the essays the hardest! I am constantly on memrise, quizlet (useful vocab websites) slow german and kerboodle for the list/read/translation parts. Good Luck on the 9th!
Reply 35
Original post by Emerson_333
Guten Tag, wie gehts? :smile:
I am also the only one in my year doing german. I am doing the book ich fuhle mich so 50-50 and the berlin wall. Find the essays the hardest! I am constantly on memrise, quizlet (useful vocab websites) slow german and kerboodle for the list/read/translation parts. Good Luck on the 9th!

Do you like that book? I was gonna choose it but heard it wasn't very good haha. Did you do the unit 1 today?
Original post by becky96
Do you like that book? I was gonna choose it but heard it wasn't very good haha. Did you do the unit 1 today?
Yeh the books quite boring to be honest, but I didn't get a choice of what I could do. Yeh I did the Unit1 re-sit today(got C last time) this paper was worse; didn't like it at all, especially the listening and im rubbish at the grammar test things.Im guessing you did it too? How'd it go for you?
Reply 37
Yeh the books quite boring to be honest, but I didn't get a choice of what I could do. Yeh I did the Unit1 re-sit today(got C last time) this paper was worse; didn't like it at all, especially the listening and im rubbish at the grammar test things.Im guessing you did it too? How'd it go for you?

I got a C last year too woo!! Erm I thought it was ok apart from the reading, the gap fill and that thing about analog cheese was weird
Original post by becky96
I got a C last year too woo!! Erm I thought it was ok apart from the reading, the gap fill and that thing about analog cheese was weird

Hahaha, yeah I don't know why but that made me laugh when I saw 'analog cheese'. I also did the Musik essay, how about you?
Reply 39
Hahaha, yeah I don't know why but that made me laugh when I saw 'analog cheese'. I also did the Musik essay, how about you?

Yeah same,the others seemed difficult. How did you structure it? Just saying the positives of music lessons and negatives? What did you not like about the listening?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending