The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
Guys just wondering for 4c is it valid to suggest that gini went up by talking about oligarchs incrussia and that the increasing oil prices and growth would reduce relative poverty however the income of these super rich oligarchs would go up at a faster rate than of the normal population as they yield most of the benefits also talked about other things but is this valid?
Original post by chrisedgar
Well played , didn't think of that until after. Going to be relying on my results from my first three modules I think

Good luck man, what you said was probably fine too - there was only 6 KAA marks in that q and so you probe got most of them from what you said.
Original post by mwalsh9511
They really were poorly worded! I've read a few people have done that though, so you're at least not alone! :smile: Reckon I'll be credited at all for any of C, D or E Then? Or am I looking at a big fat 0... :frown:

C looks correct not sure about D or E you will still be credited though. C had awful wording, I swear I read it twice aswell! Dreading results day, doubt I will get an A overall now unless I get most essay marks. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Qmakz
Guys just wondering for 4c is it valid to suggest that gini went up by talking about oligarchs incrussia and that the increasing oil prices and growth would reduce relative poverty however the income of these super rich oligarchs would go up at a faster rate than of the normal population as they yield most of the benefits also talked about other things but is this valid?

Yeah this is valid I reckon . A good point Infact. I refrained from writing about Oligarchs because of the trouble of calling a Russian one!
Original post by Qmakz

seems reasonable
Original post by thestudentoffram
The queston talked about reforms in the labour market .Surely changes in education or JSA arent reforms of the labour market.Other policies like increasing the flexibility or reducing the cost of hiring and firing or minimum wage are reforms of the labiur market

I quoted all that from the revision guide under the section of "labour market policies" and the definition of "reform" is "make changes in order to improve it". Which is what all those factors do; they improve the labour market by increasing productivity levels.
(edited 9 years ago)
Did we have to do conclusions? I read somewhere in the markscheme levels ''to reach a valid conclusion''

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Farringtonn
So basically I did it wrong, 12 marks aswell. I thought it said ''assess the reasons why countries in figure 4 would want to reduce their current account imbalances'' :frown: :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, you are right!
The actual question was "Assess the likely reasons for countries to reduce their current account imbalances." I remember the likely reasons bit. So yeah, basically you answered it right.
Original post by MasonBateman
No, you are right!
The actual question was "Assess the likely reasons for countries to reduce their current account imbalances." I remember the likely reasons bit. So yeah, basically you answered it right.

People said it said why it reduced but swear I read it twice and it said something like that about why they would reduce it. I said economic growth and to reduce unemployment to do with trade imbalances but didn't mention a surplus. I was getting worried lol :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys it was assess the likely reasons that have caused a reduction in current account imbalances with reference to Figure 4 which showed all the countries in the Eurozone with reduced deficits and Germany with reduced surpluses. Figure 4 matched the description of the question as you had to refer explicitly to countries in the Eurozone.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Guys it was assess the likely reasons that have caused a reduction in trade imbalances with reference to Figure 4 which showed all the countries in the Eurozone with reduced deficits and Germany with reduced surpluses. Figure 4 matched the description of the question as you had to refer explicitly to countries in the Eurozone.

Oh f*** sake :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Am I right in thinking i would still gain marks for writing about a current account deficit instead of a budget deficit for question 1
Anyone have any other exam today?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rathani278
Anyone have any other exam today?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had d1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys it was assess the likely reasons that have caused a reduction in current account imbalances with reference to Figure 4 which showed all the countries in the Eurozone with reduced deficits and Germany with reduced surpluses. Figure 4 matched the description of the question as you had to refer explicitly to countries in the Eurozone.

for the global imbalances question i wrote all the right factors but i misinterpreted the graph and therefore said how germany had reduced a deficit rather than a surplus.Would istill gain the marks as i had the correct factors down for what caused the deficit to decrease which was the question?
Original post by peter qwert
for the global imbalances question i wrote all the right factors but i misinterpreted the graph and therefore said how germany had reduced a deficit rather than a surplus.Would istill gain the marks as i had the correct factors down for what caused the deficit to decrease which was the question?

Yep, still answered the question so should get the other marks which aren't application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Farringtonn
Did we have to do conclusions? I read somewhere in the markscheme levels ''to reach a valid conclusion''

Posted from TSR Mobile

You get extra marks if you do.
I quoted all that from the revision guide under the section of "labour market policies" and the definition of "reform" is "make changes in order to improve it". Which is what all those factors do; they improve the labour market by increasing productivity levels.

That's good then. There were lots of examples of reforms in the data which was helpful.
How comes most did the second DRQ. First one was so much easier, only one difficult 10 marker.
How many people did question 3?

Latest

Trending

Trending