The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Foundation engineering maths test?

Hi all,

So I've been asked by the Foundation Studies department to arrange a small maths test of 4 questions with them. They said it consists of 1 lateral thinking question, 2 algebra questions and 1 definition question. I was just wondering if anyone else had sat this and how they found it? I'm a little confused about what they might ask me to define!
If it's anything like the test they sometimes give applicants, I would suggest going over the following:

S.I. Units (converting between them etc.)

Basic Algebra (rearranging equations etc.)

Scientific Notation (writing numbers to powers of 10)

Areas and Volumes of Basic Shapes (circle, sphere, cylinder etc.)

I never actually took a test so that list is purely based on what I was told to prepare for the interview and what they expected us to know once we actually started the foundation year.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
If it's anything like the test they sometimes give applicants, I would suggest going over the following:

S.I. Units (converting between them etc.)

Basic Algebra (rearranging equations etc.)

Scientific Notation (writing numbers to powers of 10)

Areas and Volumes of Basic Shapes (circle, sphere, cylinder etc.)

I never actually took a test so that list is purely based on what I was told to prepare for the interview and what they expected us to know once we actually started the foundation year.

Thanks so much! Would rep ya, but already did recently so I'll have to revisit later :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending