The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Uwe - robotics foundation

im starting to study robotics foundation year in september and just wondering who else will be studying it with me
Reply 1
hey im starting foundation in 2023, how is the foundation course so far? i haven't been able to find loads of people talking about it. are the teachers good? decent class recourse's? and how many hours a week is foundation?
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by soop__
hey im starting foundation in 2023, how is the foundation course so far? i haven't been able to find loads of people talking about it. are the teachers good? decent class recourse's? and how many hours a week is foundation?

Hey, I'm starting in sept too. Guess we'll get answers to all that soon huh. You found anybody else on the course?
Hello,

If you want to find more about the course here is a link to the course webpage - https://courses.uwe.ac.uk/H67F/robotics-with-foundation-year

The programme leader is Dr Maryam Atoofi, if you have any questions for them, their contact details are below;

Telephone:+4411732 83900

Email:[email protected]

All the Best

Martin
Reply 4
you should download unifi you can find people on your course easily
Reply 5
Original post by ella__3
Hey, I'm starting in sept too. Guess we'll get answers to all that soon huh. You found anybody else on the course?

So I found out what the foundation is like from a current student.
It's 3 days a week, 3 hours each day.
Engineering experimentation is a 3 hour weekly lab each lab is on a different topic and to pass the lab you have to attend then answer 2 questions and you got a week to do so.
You get a module: mechatronics and you play with an arduino.
First semester modules they had: maths, mechanic’s engineering experimentation, and Mechatronics.
Maths mechanics and engineering is 2 semesters long.
Second semester is a group project.
Weekly online math tests.

The rest is in voice messages that I'll put in the thread in a couple days, but my guess is it's all subject to change so I'd take it as a rough plan. :smile: my ig is _soop__ im trying to find others in September foundation intake
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by soop__
So I found out what the foundation is like from a current student.
It's 3 days a week, 3 hours each day.
Engineering experimentation is a 3 hour weekly lab each lab is on a different topic and to pass the lab you have to attend then answer 2 questions and you got a week to do so.
You get a module: mechatronics and you play with an arduino.
First semester modules they had: maths, mechanic’s engineering experimentation, and Mechatronics.
Maths mechanics and engineering is 2 semesters long.
Second semester is a group project.
Weekly online math tests.

The rest is in voice messages that I'll put in the thread in a couple days, but my guess is it's all subject to change so I'd take it as a rough plan. :smile: my ig is soop__ im trying to find others in September foundation intake

oh amazing, thanks, and think i've found you on insta

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending