The Student Room Group

Guy I go to uni with just added me on quora

I did group work with this guy at my uni but didn't really interact with him. Out of nowhere, he's followed me on quora (I'd forgotten I had a quora account). I don't know how he found it.

I don't have anything against him. I'm just a bit scared because I'm guessing he googled me to find it.

Scroll to see replies

I'll have to see him on Monday as well. This worries me.
I don't even have my name on my quora account...also, I have no posts on quora. I wonder if he's reading this now...
Reply 3
Original post by mathsmathsmaths
I'll have to see him on Monday as well. This worries me.

what's quora?
Reply 5

I could of found the website, I wanted to know from a user's point of view, for that, you get no advice from me and I do give very good advice :mad:
Reply 6
calm your tits
Original post by Nerd2
I could of found the website, I wanted to know from a user's point of view, for that, you get no advice from me and I do give very good advice :mad:

Sorry

It's a website where you ask questions and people answer them. The questions tend to be quite serious and career/education focused.
Original post by matt_g96
calm your tits

Would you not be concerned if this had happened to you?
Reply 9
Sorry

It's a website where you ask questions and people answer them. The questions tend to be quite serious and career/education focused.

If you do group-work with this guy, I'm assuming he's on the same course as you, since he's an the same course as you he may want to go down the same career path, therefore he may have randomly found your profile as your profile posts or whatever were relevant to the career path he wishes to follow.

Mystery over?
Original post by Nerd2
If you do group-work with this guy, I'm assuming he's on the same course as you, since he's an the same course as you he may want to go down the same career path, therefore he may have randomly found your profile as your profile posts or whatever were relevant to the career path he wishes to follow.

Mystery over?

I mentioned that I have no posts on the website. I just signed up to it so that I could read the posts and replies on the website.
Reply 11
I mentioned that I have no posts on the website. I just signed up to it so that I could read the posts and replies on the website.

what about your profile though, does it say where you've studied, what you're study etc, this would be a bit of a long shot, but maybe still.

Also do you have him on any other social network site, or even on messenger, sometimes these sites can find your friends from other sites.
Original post by Nerd2
what about your profile though, does it say where you've studied, what you're study etc, this would be a bit of a long shot, but maybe still.

Also do you have him on any other social network site, or even on messenger, sometimes these sites can find your friends from other sites.

I don't really use any social networks. He's got my email address that I used to sign up to quora, but my quora account contains no information about my uni or anything else. I even used a false name on my quora account :s-smilie:
Original post by Nerd2

Even I can't find my quora account through google or searching quora. I have no idea how he did it.
Reply 14
I don't really use any social networks. He's got my email address that I used to sign up to quora, but my quora account contains no information about my uni or anything else. I even used a false name on my quora account :s-smilie:

That might be it then, he's a contact on your email, usually when you come to sign with these social networking site like quora, they will ask if you want find (add) your friends on the site via email contacts, facebook, twitter etc.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Nerd2
That might be it then, he's a contact on your email, usually when you come to sign with these social networking site like quora, they will ask if you want find your friends on the site via email contacts, facebook, twitter etc.

Fair enough. That's probably it. Panic over! Still a bit weird that he added me when he doesn't speak to me at all now.
Reply 16
Fair enough. That's probably it. Panic over! Still a bit weird that he added me when he doesn't speak to me at all now.

Nah not really, its a quick way of gaining friends on there. For example you open up a twitter account, it asks you if you want to add you friends that are using twitter via facebook, you accept, you are now following 4 people on twitter, they follow back, then you see those 4 followers are following other people you know, so you follow the people they are following and so on and so forth.

You're over thinking it.
Original post by Nerd2
Nah not really, its a quick way of gaining friends on there. For example you open up a twitter account, it asks you if you want to add you friends that are using twitter via facebook, you accept, you are now following 4 people on twitter, they follow back, then you see those 4 followers are following other people you know, so you follow the people they are following and so on and so forth.

You're over thinking it.

Fair enough
Reply 18
Fair enough

Actually you're right. Him adding you on quora is indicative of his desire to rip your panties off and smash you till ecstasy.
Reply 19
Would you not be concerned if this had happened to you?

you remind me of sheldon on the big bang theory with his irrational fears
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest