The Student Room Group

Too much sugar 😬

Hey all so i woke up an hour ago and just had brunch this is what I had. A glass of bottled water. The sweet chapatti with egg which I didn’t add sugar to. The sweet chapatti had 3.2g of sugar. Then I had 2 bites out of a wheat ball covered in sugary syrup. I had the rest of my sweet chapatti after I finished eating my egg with yoghurt which had about 12g per 100g and about a spoonful of sugar to dip in. I just want to know if that is way too much sugar becuase I’m now overthinking. Whilst typing this I feel pain in my left side of my chest. What do I do? Should I drink water to balance it out and will I be fine?? I’m a teen by the way! This was definitely a stupid decision of mine and I’m scared now.
Reply 1
Also to add that’s roughly about 27.2g of sugar as I only just found out a teaspoon of sugar is 4g. Also in Quora it says this : In a scientific statement published in Circulation, the American Heart Association (AHA) recommends that children ages two to 18 should limit their added sugar consumption to less than six teaspoons (25 grams) per day
I’ve gone a bit over and I’m worried I’m going to go downstairs and have a bottle of water to try and “balance it out”
You're going to be fine. Everyone goes over the recommended guidelines now and then.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by 1582
You're going to be fine. Everyone goes over the recommended guidelines now and then.

Thanks and it’s true to be honest I probably go over the guidelines everyday! Just needed reassurance 😃
Reply 4
Relax. A can of coke contains 35g of sugar. You'll be fine, this won't kill you.
Please don’t worry, you’re going to be fine!!
Reply 6
Original post by black tea
Relax. A can of coke contains 35g of sugar. You'll be fine, this won't kill you.

Yeah that’s true! Thanks so muchhhh
Reply 7
Original post by Teribblestudent
Please don’t worry, you’re going to be fine!!

Thank you!! Feeling at ease now lol

Quick Reply

Latest