The Student Room Group

should i add him on snap?

i met this guy over the summer, we got along really well and it seemed pretty obvious to me at the time that he was interested in me - on the last day of seeing him, though, he didn’t say a word to me. i assume i’m overthinking it and it was just bc we were both busy with other stuff that day, but since i left i’ve been overthinking it and am not sure he actually liked me anymore. anyway, i only have his number on a group chat, and we’ve had one interaction on there - that’s all we’ve communicated since. its been like a whole month now since the whole thing, but i just found his snap on quick add - should i add him or would that seem weird??
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
i met this guy over the summer, we got along really well and it seemed pretty obvious to me at the time that he was interested in me - on the last day of seeing him, though, he didn’t say a word to me. i assume i’m overthinking it and it was just bc we were both busy with other stuff that day, but since i left i’ve been overthinking it and am not sure he actually liked me anymore. anyway, i only have his number on a group chat, and we’ve had one interaction on there - that’s all we’ve communicated since. its been like a whole month now since the whole thing, but i just found his snap on quick add - should i add him or would that seem weird??

Reply 2
You can usually trust your instincts on these things. If you feel it’s gone cold and if he hasn’t tried to make contact either then it’s probably not a priority. No harm in making contact though, with measured expectations. On balance I would look for someone better

tbh there's no harm in it. also bc you would be adding him through quick add it's not really a big deal, maybe it would only be weird if you added by search haha
Yeah it is low risk. You can always block him if it doesn't go so well.
Reply 5
i should also add - i found out coincidentally that we’re both applying to the same unis, for the same niche course, which really surprised me - part of my worry in adding him is that i don’t want to ruin anything in case we end up studying together at the same uni? i don’t know i’m probably overthinking it but i really really like this guy so i just don’t want to come across as weird and ruin my chances - thanks for all the advice though
Reply 6
i should also add - i found out coincidentally that we’re both applying to the same unis, for the same niche course, which really surprised me - part of my worry in adding him is that i don’t want to ruin anything in case we end up studying together at the same uni? i don’t know i’m probably overthinking it but i really really like this guy so i just don’t want to come across as weird and ruin my chances - thanks for all the advice though

if u think he hasnt realised that both of u are studying the same course then i think its fine to add him on quick add and it wont come off weird. cos if u end up seeing each in the course it would be easier for u to talk to him rather than adding him and making it seem like uve done that just for him to help u. idk if that made any sense lol
Reply 8
if u think he hasnt realised that both of u are studying the same course then i think its fine to add him on quick add and it wont come off weird. cos if u end up seeing each in the course it would be easier for u to talk to him rather than adding him and making it seem like uve done that just for him to help u. idk if that made any sense lol

oh yeah i get what you mean thanks. he does know that we’re doing the same course but thankfully i don’t think it’ll come off as trying to get help from him, our relationship wasn’t really like that if that makes any sense. i ended up adding him in the end, i’m just sooo nervous because it’s been hours and he hasn’t added me back yet - i just have to keep reminding myself that not everyone is chronically online like me haha
oh yeah i get what you mean thanks. he does know that we’re doing the same course but thankfully i don’t think it’ll come off as trying to get help from him, our relationship wasn’t really like that if that makes any sense. i ended up adding him in the end, i’m just sooo nervous because it’s been hours and he hasn’t added me back yet - i just have to keep reminding myself that not everyone is chronically online like me haha

ahh all the best girl, you gotta give us an update too!
Reply 10
ahh all the best girl, you gotta give us an update too!

thank you!! xx i’ve got an update if you’re interested! he added me back in the end, a couple hours ago, and we’ve been talking nonstop since!
thank you!! xx i’ve got an update if you’re interested! he added me back in the end, a couple hours ago, and we’ve been talking nonstop since!

happy to know it all worked out!!
happy to know it all worked out!!

Fantastic news 😀😀😀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending