The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Is anyone here on the Politics and History BSc??

I've been offered a place on the Politics and History BSc. Is anyone is on the course currently or has completed it?

How are you finding it? How are the teaching standards? Would you recommend the course? How is Brunel generally?

I'd appreciate any feedback as i haven't been able to make it there yet.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Hey,I completed my undergraduate degree in History at Brunel and I am currently reading for my MA. Whilst I did not do a joint honours, the the department has a strong collegiate feel and I know students on the History & Politics BSc and all of the staff. The teaching standards are excellent and so is the pastoral support, hence why I stayed on. All teaching is informed by research, all of the staff are active researchers and consistently publish books and in the best peer-reviewed journals. You will get the benefit of being taught by professors throughout your career at Brunel as well as some younger talented academics. What I found to be most helpful is that all the academics are approachable and are great with feedback, you never have to wait long to recieve assignments back and you can always get one-to-one feeback on your work. The academics are also quite friendly and the department has a great social aspect to it. I know that Brunel is middle rank but the department is certainly up there amongst the best of them (which I am sure will be reflected in the REF at the end of the year). Brunel itself is great, very lively, active and social campus (and the campus is beautiful, perhaps more so in the Summer). I myself have played Rugby, taken part in the Union (currently Postgraduate Chair) began the History Society. The History Society is very active, we have been on trips abroad, social trips to London, had external speaker come to Brunel such as Richard Evans and Holocaust Survivors etc. I am little biased, I bleed Blue and Yellow, I would reccommend coming down and checking it out.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending