The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It is absolute insanity for anyone to be posting defamatory statements concerning Mr & Mrs McCann on this thread.
Original post by little_tom
This story gets so much media attention. Not sure why its more important than the other hundreds of kids that go missing every year?

Because she's a cute, white, British, middle-class girl.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by StrangeBanana
Because she's British, and she's white.

And also because she has well educated British parents who know how to work the media to their advantage.
Reply 23
Original post by Old_Simon
It is absolute insanity for anyone to be posting defamatory statements concerning Mr & Mrs McCann on this thread.

Do you mean Gerry and Kate? Why is it insane?
Original post by pane123
Do you mean Gerry and Kate? Why is it insane?

Because they have sued absolutely everybody who has libelled them. In all the cases in this country they have already been awarded huge damages on a number of occasions. Quite rightly.
Reply 25
Original post by DaveSmith99
I've never thought her parents were guilty, I have always maintained that they were grossly negligent.

This.
Reply 26
The McCanns have provided no evidence that they are innocent and none has been found to support the claim that they are innocent or guilty. But the FACT remains they left their kids alone in a region where child snatchers were operating, which is neglect.
I don't understand this thread, apologies are needed from people who accused two suspects of being guilty yet it's fine to assume these new people are automatically guilty despite having not been charged with anything yet? Pot kettle black.
Reply 28
Original post by Old_Simon
Because they have sued absolutely everybody who has libelled them. In all the cases in this country they have already been awarded huge damages on a number of occasions. Quite rightly.

Murderers or not, it's hardly insane to comment on the character of two such public figures.
Reply 29
Original post by Fullofsurprises
It definitely can be, if and (it looks increasingly likely, thanks to the UK police at last having taken the case) will be when the guilty parties are identified. You can prepare your apology in the meantime. :colone:

I doubt the "McCann bashers" will feel that bad, at best the McCanns ****ed up which led to the likely death and rape and of a 3 year old. At worse they caused the death of their child and lied about it.

Although I do find your optimism of a case that has been going on for 7 years, with evidence likely diminishing each day will be solved easily refreshing. If IMO naive.
Original post by AdamGeorge
The McCanns have provided no evidence that they are innocent and none has been found to support the claim that they are innocent or guilty. But the FACT remains they left their kids alone in a region where child snatchers were operating, which is neglect.

It would be a strange country if we were to ditch the 'innocent until proven guilty' rule to satisfy the demands of web conspiradroids that they 'prove their innocence', when there are no credible grounds for suspicion against them, other than that they were (for a horribly important short period) less than diligent parents.
Original post by Origami Bullets
And also because she has well educated British parents who know how to work the media to their advantage.

True, but the two things are related.
It definitely can be, if and (it looks increasingly likely, thanks to the UK police at last having taken the case) will be when the guilty parties are identified. You can prepare your apology in the meantime. :colone:

:s-smilie: I haven't said they are guilty? I've said it hasn't been proven that they're innocent, which is clearly true. I await your apology.
(edited 10 years ago)
The primary charge against them has always been that they are grossly irresponsible parents.
Don't forget middle class.

Don't forget she's cute. and female.
Reply 36
As police move in on suspects in Portugal, the time draws near....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2550836/Maddie-McCann-detectives-probe-Portuguese-gypsy-site-15-minutes-hotel-three-year-old-snatched-2007.html

.... for one of the largest apologies in blogging and forum post history.

Who am I talking about?

* All the people who have banged on endlessly about the McCanns being guilty.

* Cast aspersions on their characters, suggested cover-ups, told lie after lie about their conduct and motives.

You may now prepare to post your apologies here! :cool:

Or perhaps you think the Metropolitan Police leading this investigation are all nuts? :rolleyes:

You shouldn't leave young children in the house on their own, they aren't good parents and no way am I apologising. (not that I have ever said they deserved to have their child snatched, but I still maintain they aren't good parents)

never mind getting abducted imagine if there was a fire or something?!?

Whilst people are preparing their apologies to the McCanns you can prepare your apology to the gypsies in case this turns out to be a dead end. You are criticising people for buying into the media stories about the McCanns being guilty but you are doing the exact same thing by assuming this lead is good and that it will get the police anywhere. Based off the article it's just something the police are looking into, it could turn out to be nothing just like the numerous other times the media have reported on the police finally getting somewhere in the case only for them to end up back at square one a week later.
I stick by my OPINION that they were involved.

Not returning to this thread as I tend to get into the same arguments over and over, just wanted to state my opinion :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Llamageddon
Don't forget middle class.

Original post by manchesterunited15
Don't forget she's cute. and female.

True; correcting post now.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending