The Student Room Group

Cifas Marker

Hi I need some help with my cifas marker. I did request the information and found out that it is a Cat 6. I have two but one was reported as identity fraud as they tried to use my name to get a hold of money from SAINSBURYS bank. The main one is from starling. I have been going back and forth with them to try and remove. All my other banks got closed( Santander and Revolut). I do have supporting evidence to show I was a victim of money mulling. I would just like to know if any one else has been in the same position and actually managed to get theirs removed.
Just to be clear, most people who say they are a 'victim'; of money muling are in fact complicit money mules who have handed over account access or agreed to make suspect transactions on a 3rd parties behalf - If that's the case there's little to appeal. Sad fact is almost everyone walks into it, rather than being mysteriously hacked out of nowhere.

Who is this person and how did they get access to your finances in the first place? Have you contacted the police?
As above, the marker has been applied correctly if you aided muling through naiviety. It's nto a punishment for being a criminal, it's a warning to other banks that you don't read T&C's or aren't discrete with your account info.

You can provide evidence to the institution that applied the marker, (text conversations, wwhatsapp messages, police report etc.) and rely on their good faith, but they are not obliged to remove it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending